Razzie Awards

Tools    

The nominees for this year's Golden Raspberry Awards were announced today (Oscar noms come out tomorrow). Without further a doo-doo, they are...

WORST PICTURE
Driven
Freddy Got Fingered
Glitter
Pearl Harbor
3,000 Miles to Graceland

WORST ACTOR
Ben Affleck, Pearl Harbor
Kevin Costner, 3,000 Miles to Graceland
Tom Green, Freddy Got Fingered
Keanu Reeves, Hardball and Sweet November
John Travolta, Domestic Disturbance and Swordfish

WROST ACTRESS
Mariah Carey, Glitter
Penelope Cruz, Blow, Captain Corelli's Mandolin and Vanilla Sky
Angelina Jolie, Tomb Raider
Jennifer Lopez, Angel Eyes and The Wedding Planner
Charlize Theron, Sweet November

WORST SCREEN COUPLE
Ben Affleck and either Kate Beckinsale or Josh Hartnett, Pearl Harbor
Mariah Carey's cleavage, Glitter
Tom Green and any animal he abuses, Freddy Got Fingered
Burt Reynolds and Sylvester Stallone, Driven
Kurt Russell and either Kevin Costner or Courtney Cox, 3,000 Miles to Graceland

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Max Beesley, Glitter
Charlton Heston, Cats & Dogs, Planet of the Apes and Town & Country
Burt Reynolds, Driven
Sylvester Stallone, Driven
Rip Torn, Freddy Got Fingered

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Drew Barrymore, Freddy Got Fingered
Courtney Cox, 3,000 Miles to Graceland
Julie Haggerty, Freddy Got Fingered
Goldie Hawn, Town & Country
Estella Warren, Driven and Planet of the Apes

WORST RE-MAKE OR SEQUEL
Crocodile Dundee in L.A.
Jurassic Park III
Pearl Harbor
Planet of the Apes
Sweet November

WORST DIRECTOR
Michael Bay, Pearl Harbor
Peter Chelsom & Warren Beatty, Town & Country
Tom Green, Freddy Got Fingered
Vondie Curtis Hall, Glitter
Reny Harlin, Driven

WORST SCREENPLAY
Driven
Fredie Got Fingered
Glitter
Pearl Harbor
3,000 Miles to Graceland

Nomination Leaders:
Freddy Got Fingered, 8
Driven, 7
Glitter, 6
Pearl Harbor, 6
3,000 Miles to Graceland, 5

"Winners" are announced Saturday March 23rd, the night before The Oscars.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

To a degree, yes. I thought she did a fine job -- she saved it from being, IMO, a completely waste of time. I don't think she deserves it in the least...but I'll take solace in that fact that she isn't likely to "beat" Mariah Carey for Worst Actress. I dunno what the voters were thinking in the case of Jolie. Perhaps they blame the movie's other problems on her.

To take it a step further, I'm appalled. I don't see how Jolie's performance can be seen as anything other than, at the very least, a solid one. I have to believe that, with most other actresses, in a movie like this, the issues with Lara's father would have been, basically, a complete joke...but I felt they held together. Believe it or not, I actually found myself sympathizing with the character.

So, yeah, I'm shocked. My mouth is open so as to yell, though, rather than gape. A completely awful nomination, IMO.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
I haven't seen Blow, nor Captain Corelli's Mandolin.

Was Penelope Cruz really that bad, as she generally seems relative solid.

Don't worry about it.
All the nominations in that catagory are simply filler around Mariah. If she doesn't win the dishonor, she bloody well should have!

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
And now for something completely different.......

Sorry but I can't get anough of that pic.

Mariah Carey's cleavage for worst screen couple? That's classic.

Cruz was wonderful in Vanilla Sky. But there's a Hollywood backlash against her for breaking up Hollywood's favourite couple.

Otherwise, the nominations are fairly routine. Are they sick of picking on Stallone yet? I think it's fun to be razzed on. It truly means you've made it in Hollywood. You could win an Oscar and not be known (Marcia Gay Harden, for example) but anyone who receives a razzie nomination is definitely a member of Hollywood's inner circle.

Here's hoping Tom Green does a Paul Verhoeven and shows up to accept his awards.

Here are The Razzie "winners"...

WORST PICTURE: Freddy Got Fingered

WORST ACTOR: Tom Green, Freddy Got Fingered

WORST ACTRESS: Mariah Carrey, Glitter

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Charlton Heston, Town & Country, Cats & Dogs and Planet of the Apes

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Estella Warren, Planet of the Apes and Driven

WORST SCREEN COUPLE: Tom Green & Any Animal He Abuses, Freddy Got Fingered

WORST RE-MAKE OR SEQUEL: Planet of the Apes

WORST DIRECTOR: Tom Green, Freddy Got Fingered

WORST SCREENPLAY: Tom Green & Derek Harvie, Freddy Got Fingered

Guy
I think I read that Green was there and accepted his awards. That's pretty funny, I wonder what he said.

I agree with TWTcommish, Angelina Jolie's portrayal of Tomb Raider was what it should have been. If anything, they should have given the razzie nomination to Tomb Raider's screenwriters, not Croft herself.

I also agree that Cruz was pretty good in Vanilla Sky.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Guy
I think I read that Green was there and accepted his awards. That's pretty funny, I wonder what he said.

I would feel like such a jack@ss if I were him. That really was the sh*ttiest movie to come down in a long time.

Yes, Tom Green was in fact there to accept all his awards for "Freddy got fingered." I think most people would feel like an idiot up there accepting the awards, but not Tom Green. He's probably proud of his film winning so many awards.

You've GOT to respect that dude for showing up there. That's awesome. I probably would in the same position. What a way to poke fun at yourself. A great sport, IMO.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
You've GOT to respect that dude for showing up there. That's awesome. I probably would in the same position. What a way to poke fun at yourself. A great sport, IMO.
I have to agree with you there TWT. It shows he at least has a sense of humour, even if it didn’t translate onto the silver screen. Fair play to the guy for actually turning up.

Saying that they are probably the first awards he has ever received.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by filmfreak
Saying that they are probably the first awards he has ever received.
First and ONLY, at least you would hope so.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg