Quentin Tarantino: a filmmaker god

Tools    

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Watching Charley Varrick

"Pair of pliers and a blowtorch" - Great dialogue huh!

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I love QT and I've seen all of his directed and written films,some of them even multiple times but I wouldn't consider him God.What I like about him the most is that he is so unique,he has his style which he follows and it's perfect - he pays so much to the details and he creates amazing dialogues,plus adds great music,twisted plot and he makes masterpieces.
I think that a great filmmaker has to be various - create all types of movies and be able not only to make viewer laugh but also cry.Something like Scorsese.
Tarantino chose only one way to make movies(for me,all his movies are quite alike) so sooner or later he might get boring and since he's the only one making such type of films,he can't be compared to others.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
No Country For Old Men, right?
No. I was watching an excellent bank robbery film last night called Charley Varrick and character actor John Vernon delivers a line about what's going to happen to the man "responsible" for the robbery as the mob will suspect he was in on it. Vernon tells the man something along the lines of they'll come at him with "a pair of pliers and a blow torch." Tarantino used this line in Pulp Fiction when the Marcellous (sp?) Wallace character is planning on getting back at the man who raped him.

Hmm. No, he's not a god, though he's made some splendidly entertaining films. The problem with him is he's all style and no substance - his movies aren't really about anything apart from other movies. That's fine within limits, but (imo, of course) we shouldn't mistake it for the real thing.

he is definatley one of the best, I dont think i could call any filmmaker a god, but if i did, it would be QT. Creative genius

he is definatley one of the best, I dont think i could call any filmmaker a god, but if i did, it would be QT. Creative genius
I don't think God would borrow ideas from other creations & exercise it in his work.
Isn't God supposed to be original?

Out of the six films I've seen of his every single one of them made my top 100, yet I never have rated one of his movies over
. So even though I think he's a greg and unique director I can't call him a God. Really I think the only directors I could call Gods are Polanski, Hitchcock, and Lynch. Tarantino would go under DemiGod.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Tarantino a God, no, but I would say he's a mega-fan of movies and thus he expands and heightens the sensibilities of those genres he loves. And he sees an overall connection in the body of work he creates. Great artist, absolutely.