Do you make a big deal of watching your movies?

Tools    

Not currently on fire...
Always do it rights, lights out, no intention of stopping, even for straight to video stuff. I will never watch part of a film, if there isn't time, no movie.

Watching, no. Deciding what to watch, yes.

Yes, everything has to be perfect

I always prepare a nice warm bath and light a few candles before watching a movie.

Yeah definitely for the right movie.
For Edge of Tomorrow I made sure everything was perfect before I started. I was looking forward to that movie for a bit

wanabe movie critique
No; unless I'm dating a hot babe

Master of My Domain
I always prepare a nice warm bath and light a few candles before watching a movie.
With SC at the helm getting the temperature just right I presume?

For me when it's a first viewing or I have to use the movie for a project/essay I usually make it big deal since I need to focus but other than those situation it's snacks and relaxation galore.

Gooble gobble, one of us!
I once spent a whole day figuring out what movie to watch, it can be quite difficult sometimes. Especially as a film student, I prefer watching films that I'll learn something from, so I'm always in a dilemma if I should watch a film that will educate me, or that will entertain me. Sometimes you just have to pick one and go with it, I usually end up enjoying it no matter what, and most of the time learn at least some small thing.

When I do watch the film, I watch it on my 106 inch projector, lights off and full surround sound so the house is shaking. Last time I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey an old guy came knocking at the door and told me to turn off the sound. I told him, you can't turn off Strauss, evidently I didn't say the same thing to the cops later that day

I may be a little weird about it, just because if I'm not, the film wont get the attention it deserves. Its SO hard for me to make the commitment to sit still and pay attention to something for 2 hours (AT HOME). I spend a lot of time deciding on a movie because the more I research a film trying to decide whether to watch it or not, the more excited I get about, which makes me more likely to actually sit though it. It's a breeze at the theater, though, I guess because there is nothing within arms length to distract me.

I actually do this quite often, but only for movies I know I'd enjoy. If it's something highly acclaimed by the world or some pretentious crap like that, like watching The Godfather tonight or something, I wouldn't really announce it to the world or anything.
“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what." - Stephen Fry, The Guardian, 5 June 2005

Master of My Domain
I actually do this quite often, but only for movies I know I'd enjoy. If it's something highly acclaimed by the world or some pretentious crap like that, like watching The Godfather tonight or something, I wouldn't really announce it to the world or anything.
Not a fan of The Godfather, but please don't call it crap.

Not a fan of The Godfather, but please don't call it crap.
I never called it crap, I meant that announcing to the world that I wanna watch something that I wouldn't enjoy just because it's highly acclaimed is pretentious. Sorry if I worded it wrong, but there it is. I gave The Godfather a 4/5 in my Letterboxd profile, so it's absurd to think I would call it crap.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I don't like eating while I'm watching a movie, not even popcorns (even when I'm at the cinema, I only eat if I'm not loving the movie or if it's something that doesn't require my full attention). I also hate to stop during a movie and if I know I won't have the time to finish it in one sitting, I chose another one shorter or a TV show episode.

Apart from that, there's no really preparation. I just watch it at my computer with headphones!

Master of My Domain
I never called it crap, I meant that announcing to the world that I wanna watch something that I wouldn't enjoy just because it's highly acclaimed is pretentious. Sorry if I worded it wrong, but there it is. I gave The Godfather a 4/5 in my Letterboxd profile, so it's absurd to think I would call it crap.
Sorry I read it that way, I think my English is getting rusty again!

Sorry I read it that way, I think my English is getting rusty again!
Hah... nah, it was my English that was rusty, hence the poor choice of words when I mentioned The Godfather. Sorry, but I can't write very well sometimes (my spelling is okay, but I have problems with syntax and grammar), which is why I stay away from writing lengthy movie reviews because I'd just sound like an illiterate idiot. xD

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Last time I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey an old guy came knocking at the door and told me to turn off the sound. I told him, you can't turn off Strauss, evidently I didn't say the same thing to the cops later that day
Hands down one of the funniest threads on MoFo!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.