Is Paris Hilton really as bad as people say she is?

Tools    

The truth is in here
Much as she got overexposed for a couple years and starred in a whole bunch of ****ty movies (including one extremely shallow and sexist one by the infamous name of The Hottie & The Nottie), I've been thinking afterwards about whether she really was as bad as the picture of her painted up. I mean, sure, her acting was terrible, I won't argue anyone on that point. But personality-wise, I think we never got to know her properly. A lot of tabloids were made, but if you compare to a lot of other celebrities out there (just say the ENTIRE cast of Jersey Shore), she's pretty tame. I do feel bad that she got used by her ex-boyfriend Rick Salomon when it comes to the much lauded sex tape.

So discuss in this thread, did she really deserve all that backlash or is there a gentler person behind who only got too much overexposure from the media?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
She was a big hit here with our annual big horse race in Melbourne, invited out for fashions in the field several years running. I dont know her ofcourse but I dont think anyone being born into so much privilege grows up normal and gentle. It's just such a cloistered existence. If she is sweet and demure, and more importantly intelligent and worldly rather than just the air head she comes across, then that's great. I hope she contributes to the less fortunate rather than walk around as a clothes horse ordering people around and using her little dogs as handbags.

I do feel bad that she got used by her ex-boyfriend Rick Salomon when it comes to the much lauded sex tape.
What? That sex tape made her "career". Its the best thing that ever happened to her other than being born the grandchild of a billionaire. Shes an empty talentless vacuous spoiled brat. Theres nothing clever or hidden under there. Did she deserve all the derision she got over the years? Who cares. Hopefully there wont be a return to the lime light and shell go about quietly making millions putting her name on perfume and shoe designer companies.

The truth is in here
Quotes from Hilton:

[on ex-boyfriend Rick Salomon] "I just felt so betrayed. This was not some random guy. This was someone I was with for a few years. [He's] a very bad person."

"The most embarrassing, humiliating thing that has ever happened to me in my life."

While it's definitely true it helped further her career, it doesn't mean it was the best thing that ever happened to her. Sometimes people get famous for things they don't want to be famous for.

Again, I'm only theorizing. I don't actually know that much about Hilton, only that she was fun to poke fun at.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Stupid spoiled blonde whore!

Stupid spoiled blonde whore!
How is she a 'whore'? Do you really think she's ever had to screw a man for money?That just makes you look like a red piller - I dont like women so they're all whores. That's as bad as third wave feminists who think 'all men are bastards' and 'stiff prick no conscience', Gandalf. Do you have a nickname for her dull as dirt boyfriend whatsisname whose only claim to fame is who paid for the look at me cant even remember what it looks like engagement ring?.
And Matt, how does a juvenile leaking of a sex tape further anyone's career in the perfume business or whatever she does for 15 second career of putting her name on a bottle? does anyone even know who she is anymore? I'd completely forgotten about her until this thread.

Bloody hell I just saw them together OMG dreams really can come true yadda yadda on e news or whatever that brain vacuum is. I think she might have been deprived of oxygen at birth. She is 38 or so and acts like a 4 year old. My barbie doll collection when I was a kid could string a sentence together better and I decapitated them as punishment for being brainless.

Net worth 300 million bucks. Turns up on the red carpet wearing a scrap of material. Nice. Money really does buy class in America.

The truth is in here
And Matt, how does a juvenile leaking of a sex tape further anyone's career in the perfume business or whatever she does for 15 second career of putting her name on a bottle?
I don't know? I probably worded myself poorly, but it did give her some more publicity. My point still stands however that it's not always such a good thing, hence why she's embarrassed it ever happened.

I don't know? I probably worded myself poorly, but it did give her some more publicity. My point still stands however that it's not always such a good thing, hence why she's embarrassed it ever happened.
Yeah I dont understand why they do it in the first place. Why not just stick a mirror on the ceiling if they're so self obsessed they cant even take their eyes off themselves while rolling around in a bed all sweaty making like cavepeople.

Jaysus Christii, Matt. The proposal was for the cameras. So so vomity. Good lord I dont need pain meds to projectile right now. This is american bachelorette and I give it a month. Her next baby will be another chihuahua.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
How is she a 'whore'? Do you really think she's ever had to screw a man for money?That just makes you look like a red piller - I dont like women so they're all whores. That's as bad as third wave feminists who think 'all men are bastards' and 'stiff prick no conscience', Gandalf. Do you have a nickname for her dull as dirt boyfriend whatsisname whose only claim to fame is who paid for the look at me cant even remember what it looks like engagement ring?.
And Matt, how does a juvenile leaking of a sex tape further anyone's career in the perfume business or whatever she does for 15 second career of putting her name on a bottle? does anyone even know who she is anymore? I'd completely forgotten about her until this thread.
She is a ****ing whore! Probably aids infested too. I would prolly still defo bang though.

She is a ****ing whore! Probably aids infested too. I would prolly still defo bang though.
Classy

You were asked a question. Repeating the statement you were asked about is not an answer. Stay out of the thread if this is all you're going to post. It's just pointless and crass.

I think she was playing a role that most tired of quickly.

I'm not sure she lent any commercial value to her last name ( I think there really is such a thing as bad press).

I've seen a few interviews where she's out of the dumb blonde character. Seems pleasant enough.

Interesting that her 'death' in House of Wax seemed to coincide with the death of her career.

Difficult to know really. It took many years for people to realize that Marilyn Monroe was a well read intellectual.

You were asked a question. Repeating the statement you were asked about is not an answer. Stay out of the thread if this is all you're going to post. It's just pointless and crass.
Thank you, Yoda. Matt was able to clarify so I dont know what was so difficult.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I didn't come here to say anything bad about the lady, but then I saw...

Nothing personal, cuz all feet are gross. Mine, yours, especially hers.

I think she's one of those cases where the image is probably all there is to the personality as well. She loves expensive things and attention. There's probably not much more to her than that.