The Adventures of Tintin

Tools    

BANNED
Hey, I have no idea! How can I tell?

Anyway, who appointed you the relevance cop on this message board? Mind your own business! If you're not interested in this stuff, stay away from the thread--it's that simple!

BANNED
Anyway, to sum up, that completes my translation of Georges Remi, Jr.'s tract. It was an interesting read, but still disappointing to me. While Remi made a number of critical remarks about the current trustees' handling of the Herge estate, he did not provide any encouraging news concerning the production of new Tintin adventures.

So let me say it one more time . . . I REALLY would like to see a Tintin revival with NEW ADVENTURES OF TINTIN!!! So if anyone out there is listening, who might be in a position of influence in this regard, I say, BRING BACK TINTIN!!! Let the reporter live again!!!

BANNED
The latest news on the Adventures of Tintin:

Spielberg plans Tintin trilogy

Steven Spielberg is poised to make three movies based on the Belgian cartoon character Tintin.

He plans a trilogy based on six of the classic books including Red Rackham's Treasure and The Blue Lotus reports French magazine Capital.

Ace reporter Tintin travels the world solving mysteries with the help of his friends Captain Haddock, the Thomson Twins and his faithful dog Snowy.

Spielberg has also started pre-production on a fourth Indiana Jones film and is working on an adaptation of James Thurber's story The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty.

Story filed: 13:56 Thursday 15th January 2004
Spielberg Planning Tintin Trilogy?
Comic adaptation might shoot in 2005.

January 14, 2004 - Trilogies are all the rage these days, and a lot of studios are beginning to plan three films instead of one from the outset. That might be the case with Tintin.

Spielberg has reportedly been interested in adapting the comic-book character to film for a long time, and Capital, a French financial magazine, says a trio of films is in the works.

If the report is correct, each film will will be adapted from Tintin stories that spanned two books. The moon adventure is apparently considered too old-fashioned, so good possibilities are: The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure; The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun; and The Blue Lotus plus Tintin in Tibet. The latter pairing was not really one story, so some re-writing might be necessary. Otherwise, it's great to see that they're planning to use author Hergé's material instead of trying to write a new Tintin adventure.

The magazine adds that Spielberg will probably produce and may or may not direct. Production could begin next winter, for a 2006 release. This suggests that the films may be live-action after all, instead of a CG production as has previously been rumored.

Thanks to Dark Horizons for the alert.
-- Paul Davidson

BANNED
lol! I just noticed a link at the head of this page to the site "Djangobooks.com"! Thanks, Yoda! lol!

Doy know when It will be in america?

Originally Posted by Django
Anyone having any inside info on this Dreamworks project?

"The Adventures of Tintin" is probably my favorite cartoon strip of all time (along with "Asterix and Obelix," but there have already been a couple of French movies on this cartoon hero)! As a kid, I used to thrill to reading the brilliantly plotted, beautifully illustrated, meticulously researched and superbly rendered adventures of the globetrotting teenage reporter and his crew of friends, from seeking buried treasure to beating Armstrong and Aldrin to the moon! And as an adult, I am able to find new appreciation of the depth and intelligence behind these works. I will be the first in line to watch this movie(s) when it/they are released!

And here's hoping that a renewed interest in Tintin sparks a new series of comic books penned by a new author! The creator, Herge, passed away in the '80s with the instruction that no one continue his series after him. Well, if the movies are successful enough, maybe the Herge trustees will change their mind and hire a new cartoonist to create new Tintin adventures! That would truly be awesome!

Why am I here?
I don't usually post, I just read most of the time, I've been lurking on these forums for a while... this topic was about as fun to read as getting cancer. Seriously why do people bitch all time.. Personally I think Yoda, Silver Bullet et al are in charge so people just need to get used to it... that and this forum's done pretty darn well with them, so they must be doing their jobs properly.

Also TinTin sucks the proverbial egg... it's just a cruddy French comic that I file under "things that suck". Tintin may have been good when you where 10 with nothing better to do than watch the camp captain and his little boy friend. Seriously man, if you're a TinTin freak that's fine... make a site about you seriously sick addiction, have his ****ing name tattooed on your forehead… Or better yet chop off your fingers, it'll do us all a favour and stop your stupidity spreading any further.... *breaths*

Sic Networks

i think its unfair that u should post that, im sure there are some avid tintin fans in this forum.