Ufc

Tools    

Seriously, if they cut Marquardt, why not Sonnen? **** UFC. This is why I have no love for that organization or Dana White.

No real difference, but they should at least give an impression they are handling such matters in a uniform and objective matter. I have no love for Marquardt and he's been caught on the juice before so I don't mind him being cut...

i know this isnt mma but who you guys going for in the boxing saturday night.

You mean Klitschko-Haye? I think Klitschko will take it easily. Haye might be fooling the general public, but hardly any real boxing fans I know of think Haye has much of a chance. This is because Haye has a poor jab, limited movement, a suspect gas tank and a lack of combo's. What Haye actually needs to do is something I don't think he's capable of doing: push the pace round after round and get close to Klitschko to rough him up and throw punches in bunches. Wlad has a very solid defense and Haye is a pot-shotter. He's quick, but a pot-shotter nonetheless and Klitschko will dodge or catch his hail mary shots on his guard.

I think Haye will be very cautious and throw few shots whereas Wlad will be cautious as well and work from behind his jab, which is one of the best in boxing and that devastating right hand will tag Haye no matter how much he runs. Klitschko should take this via late KO or wide decision.

If Haye wins it'll be due to one well-aimed shot that'll really hurt Wlad and then Haye should swarm him and close the show. I don't believe he's capable of doing that against someone with the skill, power and technical prowess of Wladimir Klitschko.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Missed another in real-time PPV. they gotta somehow hold these events on days that it rains, otherwise the lake is gonna win everytime

however.. Suffice it to say..Wandy is done

And even though i think Liddel is done...man o man i still wanna see him face tito one last time. And with this impressive finish, hopefully Ortiz will work the Apollo Creed Rocky 2 style taunt to make it happen.

Condit looked crisp. Gsp has an opponent in waiting after he disposes of Diaz looks like.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Seriously, if they cut Marquardt, why not Sonnen? **** UFC. This is why I have no love for that organization or Dana White.
Sonnen returns for middleweight contender match

A middleweight bout between Chael Sonnen and Brian Stann has been agreed to for UFC 136 in October.

HeavyMMA confirmed the news with sources close to the bout on Wednesday afternoon.

The bout is slated to be the co-main event of the pay per view in Houston. The event will take place at the Toyota Center.

Sonnen has been out of action since last August, when he lost to a last-second triangle in a title fight with Anderson Silva. Sonnen tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs after the bout and was suspended for twelve months. His suspension was reduced to six months after a hearing with the California State Athletic Commission, but was later turned into an indefinite suspension after the committee expressed dissatisfaction with Sonnen's answers from the previous hearing. Sonnen's issue with the commissions in Nevada and California will likely not factor into the fight in Texas, which has a notoriously lax commission.

Stann is riding a three-fight win streak over Mike Massenzio, Chris Leben and Jorge Santiago, and is quickly becoming one of the top contenders in the middleweight division. A victory over Sonnen would put him near a title shot with Silva in early 2012.
http://www.heavy.com/mma/ufc/2011/07...nn-at-ufc-136/

Any thoughts on the biggest contenders for the current champs?

HEAVYWEIGHT:

Junior Dos Santos

Decent fundamental boxing skills and he knows how to pace himself to last the distance. The question is whether he can stuff Cain's takedowns and get back to his feet once Cain's on top of him.

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT:

Lyoto Machida

Even though I don't see any opponent I'd bet on to beat Jon Jones and actually believe I'd win a handy sum, I reckon Lyoto has the best chance. He can dash in and out quickly and he's handy around the cage, so he can keep moving and pick his spots. The problem is that once Jones figures out that he only has to move one step to tag Lyoto and Lyoto himself has to move at least 2 to get in range to hit Jones, he's in big trouble I think.

MIDDLEWEIGHT:

Ehh... no one. It would be cool to see Anderson vs. Jacaré, but I think that would end in a brutal finish.

WELTERWEIGHT:

No one in sight.

LIGHTWEIGHT:

Jim Miller

People will be quick to say it's Maynard, but I think Edgar will win a wide decision the third time around. Too quick, too solid in his boxing and too much cardio for Maynard. Miller is extremely solid in nearly all departments. He's ok in his striking, has decent footwork, good submissions and an excellent ground game. He will be the one to push Edgar to his limit.

FEATHERWEIGHT:

Chad Mendes

I really wanted to put Florian here, but I think Aldo will tool him. Realistically, I don't think Aldo will be having much trouble with Mendes either. I put money on the one guy I thought could take him out and he damn nearly did and that guy was Hominick.

BANTAMWEIGHT:

And no one again.

HEAVYWEIGHT:

Junior Dos Santos. About the only one in the division with a decent chance at beating Cain. He MIGHT do it, it all depends on his TDD and ground game.

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT:

Rashad Evans. I waited until after 133 to post this one in particular. Rashad gets better and better. He annhilated Tito Ortiz. He looks stronger, sharper, as fast as explosive and as skilled as he has ever been. He's still relatively young and can cause Bones a lot more problems than people think. Hell, i'd even bet on him. Machida is another one, but Rashad has a lightly better chance because of the wrestling base and the fact that he owned Jones on the ground when they sparred.

MIDDLEWEIGHT:

CB Dollaway. No, i'm not joking. Man, I think Dollaway is a future star, but he needs to get his **** together. In a year I expect him to be in contention for a title shot should he fight more frequently. His got ace wrestling skills (Silva's weakness) a good chin (his previous fight stopped waay too soon) and some really strong offensive ju jitsu. His kicks are slick too but he needs much more improvement in his hands and then he can threaten Silva

WELTERWEIGHT:

No one.

LIGHTWEIGHT:

Jim Miller for reasons you have said, Brods.

FEATHERWEIGHT:

Nobody. It's going to take a LW fighter to beat Aldo, and it ain't gonna be Florian.

BANTAMWEIGHT:

I don't know the division well enough.

Ufc 134 was a good card. I was a little of with my predictions, but i got 1 out of the three top fights.

Silva 2nd round tKo

then i had Schaub with a first round ko... wrong and i had Griffin with a decision which i was well out with.

Who is next for Silva tho, is there anyone ?

Probably a Sonnen rematch, if he can make it past Stann. With his recent performances, I do believe Anderson was hampered by that rib injury he claimed to have post-fight. What Sonnen did do very effectively is close the gap to shoot for the takedown and not be afraid to take damage whilst closing that gap. He fought Silva in a fearless manner, unlike Belfort and Okami did. I'd say it's 70/30 Silva for that rematch.

Other than that, there's no one. I would love to see him move up to 205 to take on Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Evans as a # 1 contender elimination match and then take on Jon Jones. I think Silva beats all of those guys (except maybe Evans), but Jones would be a tough nut to crack.

And right on, Nog! You go, old guy.

I think Sonnen makes it past, Stann. Sonnen's a huge Middleweight with great wrestling and Stann has already showed a weakness for the grappling game. Sonnen has been out awhile though so I dunno if he'll be affected by ring rust. His performance against Silva was (almost) exceptional though, you're right. Really took it to him. Everyone else just seems to get hypnotised by Silva's Jedi mind tricks. I was surprised when Okami couldn't get him down though. Okami's a legit contender with an amazing powerful long physique and strong wrestling. Silva's a genius. Not even a fan but that's a one of a kind champion right there.

I doubt he'll move up to 205. It's too risky there for him. I would like to see a Shogun fight though, that would be very exciting. Kind of feel stupid for saying how Dollaway could beat him after the beating he took against Hamman the other night.. :/

What do you guys think about the Ufc signing Overeem. Brock Lesnar vs Overeem is a huge match for ufc 141, but i think Overeem will take the win.