Unbreakable nationwide problem

Tools    

Buena Vista contacted me at work a couple of weeks ago and told me that several hundred thousand copies of their Unbreakable set is missing the Alex Ross illustration postcard that should be included in the set. If you buy a set that is missing the insert here are the contact numbers they gave me. BV will replace the insert free of charge.

U.S. 1-800-477-2811
Canada 1-888-877-2843

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Yeah, I've read about some complaints from others. Mind had the cards, thankfully, though it makes little difference to me. There was a little sticker on it, though, that told me to peel it off. There was nothing underneath -- what's the deal?

When a studio realizes that an insert is missing from a nationwide release, it will try to stop as many shipments as possible and in some cases, stores will send back the stock to have it repackaged. To keep inserts separate in the warehouse for sets that are returned from stores, the studios would ID those with stickers. If yours had one, then the place you bought it from was probably told about the error and asked to send the stock back for repackaging. Then the warehouse would break the seals, insert the 'stickered' postcards, and reseal the cases.