Back to the Future set update

Tools    

Hi y'all. I have bad news. I got an email at work today that said that the studio releasing the Back to the Future films to DVD has decided against releasing them this year. The discs were supposed to have been released this summer, but now the studio has changed their minds again. They would not comment on why the sudden change and would not give any possible future release date. I'll let you know if anything else happens.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

What a bummer. That would be one cool set. I guess it'd be worthwhile if they end up holding it off to load more features onto it. Any chance that that's what's going on?

I am a MASSIVE BTTF fan and am dying to purchase the set. In my mind it is worth the wait for when it comes out. If they plan on making them the ultimate versions of the trilogy.....we all could wait and smile knowing what it ahead of us. I myself, have read and heard through many DVD sites stating the same that no it wont be released on DVD this year. They plan on releasing it sometime in summer/fall of 2002 - hopefully.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I saw this done with The Repo Man on DVD, and I think it would be cool in this instance.. Have the box set, have one side setup like a tag, and have the tag say OUTATIME. That would be great!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I've now heard that Michael J Fox will be working on a commentary for these discs as soon as he's done with Stuart Little 2 production.