Favourite Horror Movie Trilogies/Franchises?

Tools    

The Nightmare films. The first, third and New Nightmare are the best, but 5 and 6 are just horrible. I don't include Freddy Vs Jason as part of the Nightmare series.

The Nightmare films. The first, third and New Nightmare are the best, but 5 and 6 are just horrible. I don't include Freddy Vs Jason as part of the Nightmare series.
I forgot all about New Nightmare. That one was very good. I may have to watch it again sometime this week. If you think about it, it's sort of a prelude to Scream in a way, ain't it?

I forgot all about New Nightmare. That one was very good. I may have to watch it again sometime this week. If you think about it, it's sort of a prelude to Scream in a way, ain't it?
Absolutely it is. As I said elsewhere on the site, it was post-modern horror before post-modern horror appeared on screen with Scream. I love Scream, I like it more than New Nightmare, but New Nightmare did the similar thing a few years before but wasn't the smash hit Scream was, but it does have it's moments. Let me know what you thought of it after you watch it again.