Do you prefer A List Films or B Rated Films

Tools    

were all over the top...
As they were clearly intended to be so. I don't think any of those except really crossed into B territory anyway. IB and KB were very opulent. They only sported some of the stylistic tendencies of "lesser art" films, but these are what makes them higher art than "normal" films in my opinion.

I forget who said it, but you remember that classic quote "a good portrait looks more like the person than the person himself"?

It's like that. You need a big budget in order to artificially create a stylistic B-film like atmosphere within an A-film framework. B-films did this naturally, but Tarantino needs to do this manually. The perfect example are the advanced aging effects on Death Proof. It's not cheap to make something specific, even if that specific thing is something that didn't cost a lot of money.

So why market your film as a tribute to B-film, while keeping no trade & trick of b-filmmaking in mind...

I can label Tarantino as a good director, but I think Robert Rodriguez gets b-films more than him..

So why market your film as a tribute to B-film, while keeping no trade & trick of b-filmmaking in mind...
Because... it IS a tribute to a B-film. Not a B-film. And how are there no "trade & trick" (whatever this means?) of B-film in Death Proof? Regardless of the budget, the feeling coming off of it is not A-film.

---

I guess you like Rodriguez because his films are goofy and ugly (mostly). I suppose in this sense he keeps it alive.

Yes. Mostly they are. Spy Kids and stuff. It's junk. You know it.

Don't mention Spy Kids & Shorts here.. those are big-budget kiddie films...
Okay then. But these films are the films he makes the most of and gets the most money for. He is KNOWN for these films. Sin City and The Faculty are definitely aberrations in his line of work. He has yet to stop making Spy Kids type stuff. Just when I thought he was he made Shorts.

But those movies aren't made for us... they're meant for the kids & solely for this kids..
Were you expecting wisdom & social awareness in those films??

To me Robert Rodriguez is the director of From Dusk Till Dawn, The Faculty, El Mariachi, Desperado, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Planet Terror,....

Movies like Spy Kids & Shorts are the aberrations...

He doesn't just make the most money offa them. He makes THE MOST of them. I think he likes to. He sure is "good at" it.

i prefer both i do tend lean toward b movies more though

Most??... I am sorry I am not following?

You mean that RR tries to show off Spy Kids as his masterpieces?.
You don't know what he values the most. He seems fairly passionate about those films, and he very well may be. I think he basically invented the characters and everything so he very well might.

What's your point with all this anyway? Do you seriously want to sanction the output of certain directors based on genre restrictions? Weird as hell proposition that will first of all never happen and is second of all totally anti-art. I don't know why genres and the distinction between B and A mean so much to you. I've hardly even considered it, if ever.

I never said any of that nor implied it in anyway...

My question was that if movies are made for a larger audience with a huge budget. why market it as a b-grade film??...

Why do most Tarantino fans call Death Proof his worst movie... They try to compare it with his other works.. why can't they see it as a tribute to b-films??

& also I don't think Rodriguez movies are ugly in anyway.. he makes very entertaining movies.. I could watch From Dusk Till Dawn a million times & still enjoy it..
Desperado & The Faculty are few other examples that he shows that he knows his genre very well..

A-HEM.

I hate when big budget movies try to pay "tributes" b-movies... That's exactly what Death Proof does...

B-movies are meant for a minority group of people..

B-movies should have the freedom to ape A-movie & not vice versa.. What say?
180 much?

Yes.. & see this...

Why do most Tarantino fans call Death Proof his worst movie... They try to compare it with his other works.. why can't they see it as a tribute to b-films??
Where does it imply that I like/hate Death Proof here... or even that I am a Tarantino fan..

It was a question to non B-movie lovers.. as to why people criticize it... why don't they see it as a tribute to a B-movie??....
Is it coz the production value is a bit high?

My earlier statement was regarding the same thing...if directors make A-grade films why not stick to b-grade production value..
Like John Carpenter did for They Live.