Just a little update...

Tools    

Hi y'all,

As everyone knows I've been working DVD Tech for about 5 years and I can honestly say that I've never been as busy with work as I have been in the last 2 weeks. Damn near every studio has sent me advanced copies of DVDs. Today I got to see the new 2 disc 20th Anniversary Edition for Tron and it is completely amazing. Also, got the new Willow, Final Countdown, and a special intro to the Indiana Jones DVD Trilogy. It's just one disc with descriptions of what the studio wants to do with the movies for an ultimate release. Fox sent me a similiar disc regarding the 4 Alien films in a major re-release and Warner Brothers did the same for the Batman films. In the last 2 weeks, I've previewed and reviewed over 400 titles. I'm about to drop. I'm letting everyone know this because there may be days where I don't respond to your questions as quickly as I'd like to. Hopefully these 16 hour days will stop in another week or two.

Thanks

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Oh you poor thing, here let me give you a massage. Hehehee, I'm so evil
How do you watch 400 movies in 2 weeks? That would take me a whole year! Those sets sound really great! 'specially the Aliens one! How 'bout some director sets? Like a bunch of movies from favorite directors or do they already do that? I think I saw something like that but it could have been a coincidence that the movies were from the same guy, I was in a hurry, just glanced at the movie section.

That's more than okay. Everyone on this forum is so high on Laurie I don't think they'll really mind. Sorry to hear you've been working so hard, but congratulations on what is obviously a job that you're well-suited to.

Originally posted by sunfrog

How do you watch 400 movies in 2 weeks?

How 'bout some director sets?

Thankfully I don't have to watch the whole thing. I just look for encoding watermarks to let me know of easter eggs and any possible incompatibilities with players.

There are director's sets coming out. John Waters is the only one that my blonde head can think of right now.

Awww. Thank you Chris.

WAAAHOOO! :::pant::: :::pant::: :::pant::: Okay, breath. :D
Lol! When I posted that I hadn't yet read "The Letter" I just came in here to yell. :D Yes, I know it's like an hour later, I'm still happy and excited. :D

That's supposed to say pant not ::ant::
[code]It thinks ::: pant::: is [/code] heh

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Hey its summer and I've got nothing else to do, why not send some DVD's my way. I'll give you some "real person feedback". Sounds like you could use some time off. I'll relieve some of that workload for you! Let me know if your interested.

Kidding, I'm sure you get that offer all the time. Keep up the good work.