Hockey Talk: NHL Thread and stuff

Tools    

I havent been watching the NHL long enough to really gauge how bad this Sharks team is, but they definitely appear to be historically bad.

Had a conversation on social media yesterday about this...but anyone have thoughts on Matt Petgrave getting arrested for Adam Johnson's death (skate to the neck)?

From watching the video, Petgrave definitely seemed to go out of his way to get his skate up a bit high...

It does look like he tried to kick him out of the way but I don't believe he was aiming for the neck, so manslaughter charge possibly.

He's an idiot, if it was on purpose to kick him or the other player out of the way. The fact he raised his leg like that is horrendous. Don't believe he was trying to stop himself falling and so on...

He will probably get away with it though...

I mean the playoffs will be televised...but what kind of hockey are you looking for during the offseason (August or so)?

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I mean the playoffs will be televised...but what kind of hockey are you looking for during the offseason (August or so)?
Whatever I can get on Hulu plus live tv, which also includes ESPN+. NHL or college hockey. Although I don't know if Hulu+ has college hockey. I'm new at watching hockey and I'm really starting to get hooked on this sport.

I'm right there with you on getting hooked...I've only been watching closely for a couple years, and its incredibly refreshing compared to other sports. ESPN+ is the way to go, but things will move to broader channels like TNT for the playoffs. I haven't paid much attention to college hockey, so I can't help you there.

I'm glad to know the playoffs are on TNT because I do get that channel. I've taken to looking up individual team schedules online because there doesn't seem to be any way of telling if the games on Hulu are actually live or not. I recently switched from Fubo to Hulu about 4 weeks ago and I'm noticing a lot more hockey games now. Hulu has an NHL portal with thumbnails that allow you to see and link to all the games that are either live or upcoming. I really like that. Of course, "live" doesn't necessarily mean the games are happening now, it just means Hulu is airing the games on one or more of its channels, and they could just be a recording.

Most teams in playoff spots at Christmas hold on...which would translate to the following this year:

5 Surprise teams that are IN:
Philadelphia
Vancouver
Arizona
Washington
Nashville

5 OUT:
Minnesota
Edmonton
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh

Some of these are more surprising (Philly, Edmonton) than others, but I'm sure a team or two will swap by springtime.

Two questions for anyone who can answer these.

1. Why are there two separate broadcasts for the Boston Bruins and the Minnesota Wild? Does each team have their own camera crew and equipment and broadcast the games separately from the other team?

-------------

2. What do the two sets of numbers in parenthesis mean on the bottom left? The (21-8-5) and the (18-12-2)?

Thank you.

Two questions for anyone who can answer these.

1. Why are there two separate broadcasts for the Boston Bruins and the Minnesota Wild? Does each team have their own camera crew and equipment and broadcast the games separately from the other team?
Yes, they each record the game independently, at least in cases where a national network isn't broadcasting. They'll have different announcers, stats (more emphasis on the home team), et cetera.

2. What do the two sets of numbers in parenthesis mean on the bottom left? The (21-8-5) and the (18-12-2)?
That's the team's record. There's three of them because in hockey you can tie/have OT/shootout losses, which are scored differently for the standings than normal losses.

That last second winner was stunning to watch haha

Seattle and Winnipeg right on their heels with 8 in a row

EDIT: Edmonton at 9 in a row as well!

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
This should be everybody's first goal.

Watched entirely too much hockey on Saturday.

Im enjoying the outdoor stuff, they need to do that more than a few games every year.

Wild and Canucks putting up football scores here...