Men In Black 2!

Tools    

Wohoo, this looks like it's gonna be a nice funny movie, check out the "teaser"
http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/mib2.html

The new castmember I'm most excited about, though he's not in the movie very long, is Patrick Warburton. He plays J's new partner until he goes back for K. On the returning side, Rip Torn's Zed of course, and Tony Shalhoub as Jeebs too. And David Cross is coming back, but as a different character (seeing as he was killed by the Edgar Bug in the first flick).

As long as this is like MIB and Get Shorty, it'll be fun. If it's like Wild Wild West, we're all in very serious trouble. I can't believe Tommy Lee would have come back for complete and utter crap (though he DID do U.S. Marshals).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I believe in this movie...I really do. Will Smith is raving about the script, and the way they bring K back, and I have ears for what he says. The first was so much fun, and the two main characters so UTTERLY perfect for their roles, that I can't imagine this film being much of a dissapointment. And yes, Warburton is, simply put, the flippin' man. I imagine his role will be small, though, which is a shame. I have no doubt he'll have some very specific persona throughout his role, that will likely generate a few laughs. I can't wait.

Well, if Will Smith is raving about the script, it MUST be good. After all, this is the self-promoting machine who raved about how cool Wild Wild West was gonna be too, so take it for what it is worth. Now if Tommy Lee Jones raves about it, that's something else. He doesn't B.S. and he doesn't promote himself 24/7, so I'll take his perspective a bit more at face value.

But I would think this is a hard concept to totally botch. Sonnenfeld should be able to do it right. We'll see.

Anyway, I'm surer than ***** looking more forward to this movie than Lucas' next crapfest. The latest trailer, highlighting the love story between Amidala and "Anny" (kid looks like a Gah-damn Backstreet Boy) looks beyond horrible to me. I don't think I'm even going to bother with this one theatrically. Stuart Little 2 holds more promise, and I wouldn't see that thing if THEY payed ME.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike
Well, if Will Smith is raving about the script, it MUST be good. After all, this is the self-promoting machine who raved about how cool Wild Wild West was gonna be too, so take it for what it is worth. Now if Tommy Lee Jones raves about it, that's something else. He doesn't B.S. and he doesn't promote himself 24/7, so I'll take his perspective a bit more at face value.

I had a good time with the first one. Tommy Lee Jones is so...cool. That's the best word for him. I agree with Holden that Wild, Wild, West was a disgusting waste of film, I don't think this will follow suit, as they've had plenty of time to make sure it doesn't.

I'm not saying Smith has some kind of established honesty...but the original was fabulous, and, as you said, Tommy Lee Jones is fairly reliable, so to speak. I would say that, for the most part, I enjoy Smith's work. I think of "Wild Wild West" as a fluke in his career...though I didn't think it was total crap, either. It was simply far too hyped, IMO. I think Smith is a bit wiser for having been through that bomb, though. If he says the MiB 2 script is good, I'm gonna have to believe him, for now.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I just got done watching the first MIB, and I still like it. I have no doubt that everything from the first movie will carry over into the second with no problems. Simply one of the most fun comedies out there.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

neo
Will Smith was really good in MIB. I like him from " The Bad Boy". I hope MIB 2 will be interesting too.

I'll weigh in with the unpopular vote. I really don't care about an MIB sequel. I thought the first one was ok, something to rent if all of the good movies are gone... just can't get too worked up about it.

Originally posted by Toose
I'll weigh in with the unpopular vote. I really don't care about an MIB sequel. I thought the first one was ok, something to rent if all of the good movies are gone... just can't get too worked up about it.
My sentiments exactly. MiB sequel:

Let me just say two words: Linda Fiorentino. Hmmmmmmm.

"On my planet I'm regarded as a.....a....Queen!"

A goddess, even. Anyway, I don't think she's in the sequel...they did get Lara Flynn Boyle, though, who, to me, looks a helluva lot like Linda anyway. It's kind of confusing, really.

What? No Fiorentino? Can't hardly be worth seeing, then....

I've never heard of Boyle.....

*looks up Lara Flynn Boyle

Oh. Yeah, she does like like Fiorentino. Kinda-sorta. But it's a pale imitation.....

Now With Moveable Parts
She's a skinny twit.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
She's a skinny twit.
Fiorentino or Boyle?

Now With Moveable Parts
Boyle. I saw her on SNL...she looked like a sexy, little skeleton.

Skeletons are never, ever sexy.

Don't even get me started on my tirade against unhealthy and impossible conceptions of female beauty and the irreversible societal damage that they do. It gets ugly, and I have a tendancy to get rather.....heated.

Now With Moveable Parts
Oh, I wouldn't get into it with you. Because we agree.

You won't find many arguments here. Women like that ARE pretty...but they're pretty in spite of their waifishness. Except for Kate Moss...who isn't particularly pretty regardless of weight, IMO. Anyway, I do give Boyle credit...she made fun of herself concerning weight on SNL. It was pretty funny.

Now With Moveable Parts
Well so did Calista Flockhart. They have to make fun of themselves, because they know everybody talks about it. It's repulsive. If it's not natural, BOO to them. If they can't help it, I feel sorry for them...experince proves that men like something to hold onto...