I can't believe THIS.....

Tools    

The other day when asked how old I was I said that I'm fifteen and everytime it's come up since then I've taken it because I still think I am fifteen. I can't get over it. I'm actually sixteen. My birthday was the dat after the WTC attacks. I can't get over this. I'm not saying this to gain a bit more respect or anything, I expect you all to laugh your heads of me. I can't believe I would forget my own age. Holy hell. Fifteen.

You know how the first couple of months after you turn a certain age you gorget about it? This is what happened. It doesn't seem right, I'm in a rut saying I'm fifteen.

That's so weird.
So yeah. Sixteen everybody.
Oh, God I won't be living this down.
I know I can't, but if I had someway of proving it I would...

That's pretty funny. Yeah, it happens to me as well. My last birthday threw me off...I had to do a double-take the first few times I mentioned my age, before I became comfortable with the change.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Same exact thing happened to me when I turned 16!!!

Now With Moveable Parts
Sixteen! Now that makes a difference! Just Kidding... Actually,16 was a pinnacle age for me...it sounds so much older than 15.Thanks for risking backlash and correcting yourself though...I think it's good to know who your talking to on the forum.Ya know?

I was too bust spending the day I turned 16 sitting in my new car and not going anywhere (my 16th birthday was on a Sunday, so I couldn't go get my driver's license until the next day. But my Dad gave me my new car on my birthday. So my friend Eric and I just sat in the car pretty much all day).

And then I spent the next several weeks just driving everywhere, so I never forgot that I had turned 16.

But that was a long time ago (well, 1987).

Now With Moveable Parts
the second day after I got my car;I crashed it in the Carl's Jr.drive thru.Wrapped it around the dumpster.Have to say,that goes down as my most embarassing moment ever.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
oh don't worry, bullet, i do that every year! well, most years.

most specifically it happened from 14-17. same thing, people would ask and the last year i remembered BEING was one or two years before so i'd say it. then two days later realize i was actually older. when i hit 18 tho, i was very aware that I was "legal" so then i always knew i was 18 at least, though i'd mix up 18, 19, and 20.

then i hit the next benchmark, and at 21 i knew i was at least that. but i think i'm gonna remember 22 now because 21 got so much flack (ooh, you can drink now!).

but i'm sure next year i'll forget again.

Rock God
i got my license and had to drive my mom's car forever. that sucked. trust me, there's nothing worse than having to beg to go out on the weekends. but then after about five or so months, i finally got my own car! and then i wrecked it after owning it for less than a week. what luck! it got taken care of, though, and now it's all good. but that was an embarassing moment.

Now With Moveable Parts
It's true..teenagers desperately need their own cars! My sister is 17 and she has her lisence,but no car.My parents have to bus her around everywhere...and when they won't do it..guess who she calls.Me.I don't mind though.I told her to call me if she ever went to a party and got too drunk to make good judgement on who to come home with...even if it's like 2 in the morning...I'd rather yell at her a** all the way to her house than her get in trouble.

Rock God
yeah, it should be mandatory to have a car when you're a teenager lol. actually, i had to use my own money to buy my car. i see little punk sophomores who just turned 16 and their parents buy them a car. not like a realistic car, but like a really nice brand new, spotless one. i guess it could be the jealousy talking, but i really think they ought to at least appreciate the thing before they drive it. and when you're using your folks' car, they expect you to be home by 11 o'clock curfew, and they want to know everywhere you're going. jesus! i appreciated my first car more than words can express.

Yeah, I completely agree. You ain't gonna appreciate a car you don't get yourself, most likely. The only situation I can envision in which it's actually a good move is one where the kid is working his ever-loving a** off and just needs a little assistance.

Rock God
lol, it would figure a republican would take a stand like that... no, i agree, it's best to earn it yourself. it just feels better, too. although when i wrecked i did get a little help with the repairs but i paid back every cent.

I had my own car and I still had to be home by 11pm curfew. Of course, I got a brand new Trans Am on my 16th birthday (I had driven a Ford Ranger pickup of my Dad's when I had my hardship license when I was 15, so the Trans Am wasn't my first car).

But you know, my parents had a 560SEL Mercedes, a Porsche 911 Factory Slant Nose, a Calloway Twin Turbo Corvette (actually, that one came when I was 17, Dad had a Police Interceptor Mustang Convertible when I was 16, now that I think about it) and a Jaguar XJS when I turned 16, so there was no way I was driving any of parents' cars. They were never home anyway, so

I had an appreciation of cars, though, and an appreciation of everything I ever got from my parents. I've not appreciated anything any more or took better care of it when I've bought it myself.

Yeah, well with me, my mom forgets my age, we were at the doctor like 1 month after my bday, and the dr asks my mom my age, and she's like "Uhhh, 12" or whatever, and i was really 13, ahhh, what a disgrace. Oh well

oh yeah, ryanpaige, ur A RICH BITCH! hah, j/p, i wish my parents had those cars! when they were gone i'd take em out for a spin, pick up about 4 girls, and go to a few parties

Now With Moveable Parts
I know this guy who has the most bad @ss classic Mustang. His dad has one...his mom has one...his brother has one...and so on.His whole family has these awesome Mustangs.My favorite is the brother's.It's a 1965,cherried out,shiney black paint job,sounds like a dragster...Mustang...all restored interior...so sweet.

Originally posted by xboxfan
oh yeah, ryanpaige, ur A RICH BITCH! hah, j/p, i wish my parents had those cars! when they were gone i'd take em out for a spin, pick up about 4 girls, and go to a few parties
They were onto me early on and took the keys with them pretty much everywhere they went. I drove the Porsche a few times with my Dad. That sucker was hard to drive. The clutch had a really high friction point (so you'd end up peeling out every time you took off from a stop) and it was hard to get used to the pedal coming up from the floor rather than down from the dash like in most manual cars.

These days, Dad has a SL600 Mercedes and his wife has a big S-Class (I think an S500). Dad also has dozens of classic cars now (mostly cars from the '40s and before).

Nope. Just good old Dr. Robert W. Paige of Amarillo, Texas.

My Dad is much funnier than Jay Leno.