I've never watched Avatar, ask me anything

Tools    

Hong Kong action film buff.
But have you seen the Avatar with air benders and stuff?
I watched a few episodes when they aired late at night on ABC Me (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), but never actually followed with the plot. Anything to avoid going to bed.

My brother is re watching the entire show (he's crazy) and currently is up to mid-Season 2.

I watched a few episodes when they aired late at night on ABC Me (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), but never actually followed with the plot. Anything to avoid going to bed.

My brother is re watching the entire show (he's crazy) and currently is up to mid-Season 2.

My best friend Pat and cousin Steve do that. They keep on rewatching it. I watched the first season and liked it, but haven't gotten around to watching more, and certainly didn't fall in love with it like they did. It's fine.

But we're avoiding the important questions.

who would win in a fight: Bruce Lee,
or a Bruce Lee that has three arms?

A Bruce Lee that has three LEGS.

Damn! You are the wise one.

*Bows an appropriate depth*

Boldly going.
Yes, admittedly the entire "avatar" aspect of the movie (humans using a technology to take on a physical manifestation of the aliens) is unique to the story and has no analogous aspect to Disney's Pocahontas.

But the basic plot (invaders from another land who are more technologically advanced than the natives, and the natives who are more primitive & in touch with the natural world, the love story of the outsider with a native, the whole "manifest destiny" attitude of the invaders - especially the main villain - to take the land and claim it as their own while desiring to subjugate or eliminate the natives) is the same as Disney's Pocahontas.
You could probably make this analogy with Dune too.