Earl Gray's Ticket

→ in
Tools    

Seeing as I 've been given a one year ticket I've decided to go to as many movies as possible. So, I thought I would give my thoughts to each movie I see over the coming year.

Started tonight with my first movie.

Beginners [Apt title considering]

Personally I found the movie tedious, standard man meets girl, they get along and then break up and get back together. To make it different we have an elderly gay father who comes out after the mothers death.

Not on my list as DVD/BD buy later.

Somewhere on the site I said something along the lines of seeing Ewan McGregor's name in the cast is often enough to put me on guard. I thought this film looked, pretty much, what you said it is. My guess is a well acted borefest.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Somewhere on the site I said something along the lines of seeing Ewan McGregor's name in the cast is often enough to put me on guard. I thought this film looked, pretty much, what you said it is. My guess is a well acted borefest.
Yep that was directed at me, it was one of the trailers I posted. I really like Ewan McGregor, but thanks for bringing that haunting memory back up HK .

Zookeeper [3.5/5]

Better offering, at least there were some laughs and a decent story line. I not normally into romcoms, perhaps it was the talking animals (awwww-sigh).

The next offering from our cinema is the 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' and at last a good scifi!

Rise of the Planet of the Apes [5/5]

Best to date, great movie from start to finish. I especially liked John Lithgow's part as the father. The gentle build up to the action scenes was also well done. This will probably be the best movie of the year.