Please somebody help me!

Tools    

Ok, help. its been bothering me all summer and nobody knows the answer.
does anyone know what and ensemble cast is?
i know the godfather and Magnolia are, but is Pulp fiction? please, i'm going to go insane if i dont find out soon.

Yeah, Pulp Fiction can most certainly be called "an ensemble cast".

Ensemble Cast just means the focus of the story is divided between more than a few main characters and it is populated by lots of known actors, so you wind up with co-stars more than clear leads vs. supporting roles. But there's no real hard and fast dictionary-type definition. Most of Robert Altman's best-known movies (M*A*S*H, Nashville, Short Cuts) are clearly "ensembles" and are probably the modern prototypes. But that term is thrown around pretty loosely.

You're making this much more difficult than it is.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
State & Main is an ensemble cast..

As is..Best in Show, & The Gift
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Are we an ensemble cast?

what you see a lot too is, if a movie has more than 2 big name actors in it, the ads will all boast about an ensemble cast.
playing by heart is a great movie with an ensemble cast. a good place to start.

Yeah, exactly...but those movies don't tend to do too well, commerically. Town & Country was a train wreck...Mars Attacks didn't do too well, I don't think. Everyone Says I Love You made very little. Ensemble casts seem to just be a way for a bunch of great minds to come together and have fun making a movie.

I think every movie has an ensemble cast. Its just the WHOLE cast.
Movies like Magnolia and Mars Attacks! have GOOD ansemble casts.

Mars attacks was a great movie, it's too bad not a lot of people found it funny. I thought it was hilarious myself. Batman Forever and Batman & Robin although not the greatest movies out there had an ensemble cast.

Mars Attacks! is hillarious!
"I think instead of houses, we should all live in teepees, cause they're better... in a lot of ways."
Ha HA hA aha ahA ah ahA aH!

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm pretty sure the thread starter has a good idea of an ensamble cast now,so I won't even go there;so yeah, Mars Attacks was so underated! I take joy in knowing that it found it's way to the cult-classic section of my favorite video store.

Traffic.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Was The Thin Red Line?

You could say that Thin Red Line is. Saving Private Ryan was to me. So yeah, answering your question yes I would say it is an ensemble movie.

Pearl Harbor, Ghostbusters 1 & 2, are ensembles.

Clue...
Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn, Christopher Lloyd, Martin Mull, Michael McKean and the chick from the Go-Gos!

Muppet take Manhattan... Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Animal, Gregory Hines, Gonzo... Wow!