Male actors who have aged well?

Tools    

Here to support the villians.......
Gabriel Byrne is pretty good for 55

Neutral Milk Hotel
I dont think Johnny Depp will ever age. He still looks 20. VAMPIRE
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Originally Posted by Lester Burnham
Gabriel Byrne is pretty good for 55
Good choice.

I'll add Sam Neill, who is 58 years young.

"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Adventure Starts Here!
I dunno about Sam Neill. I mean, he still looks like he always did, but since he's only 14 years older than I am, I think he looks about his age. Certainly not younger.

I think what he has going for him is that he never looked particularly young. And, when he WAS young, he looked almost goofy. He looks better as he ages. (Same with Sean Connery -- goofier-looking when he was younger, much better looking now that he's older.)

Wish that kind of thing worked for women. <shrug>

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Austruck
I think what he has going for him is that he never looked particularly young. And, when he WAS young, he looked almost goofy. He looks better as he ages. (Same with Sean Connery -- goofier-looking when he was younger, much better looking now that he's older.)

Wish that kind of thing worked for women. <shrug>
I think that way about Tommy Lee Jones too. He's always looked the same to me....maybe a few more creases, but the same nonetheless.

As far as women...I admire that Meryl Streep hasn't gone the Joan Rivers route of ageing. I think she looks great for her age. I wish hollywood would create more roles for women in their 40's-70's like they have for men.

Jeff Bridges will be fifty-six at the end of this year.

As for an actress I think still looks amazing, Charlotte Rampling turned sixty this year. Check out her nude scenes in Under the Sand and Swimming Pool (I often do). Yowza, the woman is still stunning.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Wow, now see, Jeff Bridges I think looks far younger than Sam Neill, who is only two years older. He's aging QUITE nicely.

And yes, Aniko, I agree. Streep is one of the few women who defy the rule. Then again, she always had a unique look and capitalized on it successfully. She's not afraid to take parts that are in keeping with her age range, and her longevity in Hollywood (along with her talent) is a result of that attitude.

Joanne Woodward is another one: great actress, looks great and not trying to be something she's not. Anne Bancroft (RIP) was yet another who worked *with* her age instead of against it.

But wow, nice shots of Bridges, Holden. I'm a bigger fan of Jeff DANIELS, though (since he looks like my hubby). Bridges would be a good backup hunk.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Holden Pike

Jeff Bridges will be fifty-six at the end of this year.

As for an actress I think still looks amazing, Charlotte Rampling turned sixty this year. Check out her nude scenes in Under the Sand and Swimming Pool (I often do). Yowza, the woman is still stunning.
Now that is some good aging.
I see your Bridges and raise you a Glover.

I saw him on the street a few weeks ago and couldn't believe it was him because he seemed too young to be himself. He's 41, btw.

SD, you should SO NOT be able to put people in this thread who are THREE YEARS YOUNGER THAN I AM! <snort>

Austruck (who hasn't got a single wrinkle on her anywhere yet!!)

Clint Eastwood without a doubt.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Austruck
SD, you should SO NOT be able to put people in this thread who are THREE YEARS YOUNGER THAN I AM! <snort>

Austruck (who hasn't got a single wrinkle on her anywhere yet!!)
Hey, he's only 2 years older than me!
Sorry though... I feel your pain. (and I don't mean the arthur-itis)

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Hey, he's only 2 years older than me!
Sorry though... I feel your pain. (and I don't mean the arthur-itis)
I'm with you girls. Annnd....if anyone puts down Diane Lane I will cringe as if I heard nails on a chalk board.
(Or, at the very least run crying to my pillow)

Fair enough. I don't want to see names here of anyone who doesn't at least FEEL like they're a generation ahead of me!

Harrumph.

And, with that, I'm off to take my Geritol and complain about how the weather makes my joints ache....!