Stallone's "Eye See You"

→ in
Tools    

BANNED
I just watched the DVD of Stallone's movie Eye See You, which was a straight to DVD release, apparently. It is an extremely intense psychological thriller about a relentless voyeuristic serial killer who obsessively stalks Stallone's character, FBI agent Jake Malloy, killing off all his friends and family one by one. After Malloy's wife is murdered by the psychopath, just as she steps out of the shower (reminiscent of the Hitchcock movie Psycho), Malloy cracks and has to be sent to a detox center for cops in the middle of Wyoming. There, Malloy finds himself with a group of unsavory characters--all cops undergoing rehabilitation for various psychological traumas they have endured in the course of doing their job. But suddenly, Malloy discovers that the psychotic killer has found his way to the icy wasteland and has resumed his murderous rampage in the detox center as well. One by one, Malloy's colleagues bite the bullet until, finally, Malloy confronts the psychotic killer who has been plaguing him for years on end and brings the sordid game of hide and seek to a gruesome conclusion.

This is an extremely grim psychological thriller that takes everything to the extreme. It is emotionally wrenching and engrossing as it takes you through a nightmarish and hellish scenario, tracking one man's personal ordeal through the darkness, finally to confront the demons sadistically haunting him--in this case, literally so, in the shape of the psychopathic serial killer who relentlessly stalks Malloy (Stallone's character) and drives him off the deep end. It is an extremely gut-wrenching film to watch, and definitely not for the weak of heart. But it makes for engrossing viewing nonetheless.

Originally Posted by Django
I just watched the DVD of Stallone's movie Eye See You, which was a straight to DVD release, apparently..

Arnold Scwarzeneggar's film Eye See You was originally released in theaters as D-tox . Then it was released a few months later on DVD and video as Eye See You

Why do you say Arnold's movie?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

BANNED
Originally Posted by jrs
Arnold Scwarzeneggar's film Eye See You was originally released in theaters as D-tox . Then it was released a few months later on DVD and video as Eye See You
Hmm... I don't think Arnold was in it, though! lol! Robert Patrick, the evil cop from Terminator 2 was in it, though, along with Charles S. Dutton, Kris Kristofferson, Sean Patrick Flannery, Tom Berenger, Polly Walker and Dina Meyer. Quite a cast for a really morbid movie. I don't believe it was ever released in the theaters. From what I heard, it went straight to DVD.

BANNED
Yeah, well it was Stallone--in a pretty impressive emotionally wrought performance, incidentally.

BANNED
Originally Posted by jrs
The movie stunk and so did he. If I may add.
No way! I thought it was a pretty good movie and a pretty decent performance by Sly.

sly ruled in that movie too bad it didnt come out in theatres i think it would of done well and maybe he could of been nominated for an award. Man but i havent seen killings so brutal like in this movie like the first victim who gets tied up arms and legs together and then tied to the ceiling lol just sad.

i live in california, why you ask my son?

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I saw it...and I wasn't quite as happy with it as you were. To quote my semi-review:

"I wanted D-Tox to be a mix of Nightwatch/And Then There Were None/ and some kind of cheap knock off Dirty Harry. Maybe that's what I got, but I expected it to be much better. The movie has some good points, such as great acting from some, a good opener, and an awesome cast. Somehow though, the style of the film undid all that was great in the first place. The pacing was off, the revelations were obvious, and the script wasn't anything special. It could've been something great for this tired sub-genre, but it ended up being one of the many so-so films. (It wasn't bad though. Just not good)."

New comment: Robert Patrick was great in his role, but his part (as due to the script) was as wasted as the rest of the movie.

When all is said and done:

D-Tox/Eye See You ** out of ****

yeah you are right about the opening i think that they should have made into Sly chasing after the killer and trying to find out who his next victim would be. i didnt really like when he was sent to that rehabilitation place but it was still good. Has anyone seen that other sly straight to dvd flick called Avenging Angelo?

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by the one
yeah you are right about the opening i think that they should have made into Sly chasing after the killer and trying to find out who his next victim would be. i didnt really like when he was sent to that rehabilitation place but it was still good. Has anyone seen that other sly straight to dvd flick called Avenging Angelo?
I actually liked the way they set it up on the rehab base. They could've made it into a tight little psychological drama. Instead, they went down the oft traveled road of the cop vs. serial killer formula, and didn't offer anything to compensate for it. There are plenty of movies about cops chasing the criminals. There are plenty of movies about criminals hounding the cops. We need something new.