Battle Royale - stupid?

→ in
Tools    

Have anyone seen this Japanese film? In general, I liked it. But it did have some really stupid parts. I am pretty sure after 4 bullets to the chest (with/without) a vest, you wouldn't be able to get up in the next 10 minutes. Also, did you notice that kiriyama can't aim for ****, nor does he ever reload? The ending is really messed up. Was it done for the entertianment factor? Im really confused.

My friend Paul just watched that movie, he said it was awesome. I'm going to try to get my store to order it so I can see it.

No no, the movie is great! I loved it. Some parts are a bit too unrealistic.
But if you liked Kill Bill, you will love Battle Royale.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Occasionally entertaining, but mostly heavy handed and fairly dumb. Probably fun for the segment of the population that can turn their brains off, but for better or for worse, Kong can't find the switch to his noggin' so this film was pretty disappointing, especially considering how much praise it's recieved.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Kong
Occasionally entertaining, but mostly heavy handed and fairly dumb. Probably fun for the segment of the population that can turn their brains off, but for better or for worse, Kong can't find the switch to his noggin' so this film was pretty disappointing, especially considering how much praise it's recieved.
Yeah, I would have to agree with Kong. I had heard so much about it and how big of a stir it had caused in Japan, but when I walked out of the theatre I felt I had just watched an average but slightly different action flick. I was a bit disappointed, I'll have to say. I wouldn't say that it was dumber than the average action film though and maybe you have to be very familiar with the japanese hierarchic tradition and the relationship between different generations to understand the commotion over there.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I must become Caligari..!
I reackon the overall concept of the film wasnt a bad one but the story was. I think the ideas behind the film where lost in the bads story, to many things going on at once and none of the really go resolved... they where just "Literally" killed off.

a stinker... D+
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

despite the fact it had quite a bit of comic book violence in it it loved that movie!!!! it was sooooo cool hahah and i guess in a way the directors right, since we watch a load of ppl in house on big brother and ppl are gettin bored with it, whats the next step to keep us entertained with reality tv? as david blaine said people who watched him were effectively watching a man dying...sick huh? not that i think it'll ever in a million years happen but its a scary thought it was pretty damn cool anyway!

I have the book, I've never read it. And, I've never seen the movie. Maybe, I'll think again before I buy this. Does anyone have a good defense for this movie?

BTW, David Blaine is a moron, in my opinion.