Is There An Official Interp.4 Mtrx Rev's?

→ in
Tools    

Hi all.

I read everyone's comments on the Matrix Revolutions and although everyone is clearly intelligent and thoughtful in their interpretations, there was no agreement on what any of the last 15 minutes of the meant.

So, I was wondering if anyone knew of an "official interpretation" or explanation by the Wachowski Brothers, or others connected to the movie?

There is quite a bit of precedence for this in the movie industry....'Vanilla Sky' comes to mind. Cameron Crowe (writer, director of the movie) put a full explanation and his interpretation/intended meaning on the DVD for those movie buffs who really enjoyed his film. There are many other examples like this.

I left Matrix Revolutions with the biggest headache EVER and I still have it. If everyone here had a different understanding (or lack of it) of the movie, then it is the same way ALL over the world. I would think the Wachowski Brothers would want to put that to rest -- it isn't "good" buzz -- it is the kind that makes people hate a movie because they don't understand it.

Does anyone know of something like this? It is driving me crazy to not understand who was who and what was what.

The ticket guy at the theater said (very assuredly) that

WARNING: "Matrix Revolutions" spoilers below
the whole thing was fake. There was never any 'real world' and no humans existed anymore. The machines created it all.

That really did me in!

Can anyone help me out??

Thanks so much!

Beach Bunny

ok...it goes like this....we've signed onto a $400M project and it must be out like NOW, ****e whadda we do? I know lets rehash all the lines we used in the first 2 (that'l be funny and postmodern and stuff, right?) and focus on the 2 big battles. Fans only wanted to see the fight sequences anyway. They were never into that mind twisting plot stuff, were they? Whoops. That means we don't explain anything. Oh well. Lets just end the film with some uplifting music and hopefully people will buy it's all over.

(Yes I'm bitter, folks. Thank God for ROTK. At least I know how that ends....ie well!)

Originally Posted by BeachBunny
The ticket guy at the theater said (very assuredly) that

WARNING: "Matrix Revolutions" spoilers below
the whole thing was fake. There was never any 'real world' and no humans existed anymore. The machines created it all.

That really did me in!

Can anyone help me out??

Thanks so much!

Beach Bunny
Well...there were a lot of interesting possiblities weren't there?

WARNING: "The Matrix Revulsions" spoilers below
I had a pet theory that the French guy and his wife were actually earlier versions of NEO and Trinity, for example.

"I used to be just like you" or something was the quote.

Also I thought that NEO could "feel" the Machines because ZION was actually just another version of the Matrix to accomodate all the anomalies - ie: the 'real' world was actually just another illusion.

There were a million interesting ways to end the movie. But the guys just ran out of time to get it all done.

Unfortuntely the W.Brothers couldn't handle the expectation of the set up to this final movie. I have it from a friend that worked on the series that there was plenty of studio interference at the end (Silver had his way) and the quote he gave me was,

"The guys simply bit off more than they could chew"

i dont think the brothers ran out of time, i think (which is a beautiful additive to the whole trilogy) that the ending much like the rest of it, was meant for us the viewers to preceive. Sure they had something in mind, but speaking for myself, I feel really fulfilling having chats and discussions about how and what we all thought the matrix is. Unilke what 8 out of 10 ppl think out there, i think the matrix experience is a damn classic, and im proud to have witnessed it.