Lets Talk Football

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Hope you guys are able to salvage at least one trophy this season!
The League is usually everything that matters! The other competition is Portuguese Cup and it's not so important!

We are not good enough for winning the Champions League, it's a fact! We don't have the money to do it and we always have very young players with little experience! Achieving the quarters is usually our goal and we did it!
It's not good if we end up playing Euro League even if we are among the favourites to win it!

We had a terrible terrible year last year, we changed manager and bought almost an entire new team! It was a beggining from the scratch and we are doing well so far! Let's see how we do on Sunday! It's one of those games that if we don't win I'll be grumpy for a month!

In total trophees, I think Porto has 1 or 2 more than benfica! Almost all our trophees were won in the past 30 years, while benfica won theirs before that!

Yes! The 2 teams have been playing really well in the past 5 years and the title is always decided on the last matches! They won 5 years ago and last year, we won the 3 years in the middle!
Before that, we had 20 years with 14 titles to Porto, some of them with 20+ points ahead! It's nice to finally have a competitive league though I miss the times when I went to celebrate the title on March instead of May!

Yes! The 2 teams have been playing really well in the past 5 years and the title is always decided on the last matches! They won 5 years ago and last year, we won the 3 years in the middle!
Before that, we had 20 years with 14 titles to Porto, some of them with 20+ points ahead! It's nice to finally have a competitive league though I miss the times when I went to celebrate the title on March instead of May!
Now teams like Bayern and Juventus are doing that. If you're a fan of the club it's great, but if you aren't then it gets boring fast.

That's strange, because over here many people complain that it's the same old, same old over here. That said, I do think people cherry pick the exceptions like Derby, Nottingham Forest, Blackburn and Aston Villa. Basically the final position of a team will be inline with its wage spending, give or take a position.

Atletico to go through tonight? The form book says so. I think we all expect Juve to make it, don't we?

That's strange, because over here many people complain that it's the same old, same old over here. That said, I do think people cherry pick the exceptions like Derby, Nottingham Forest, Blackburn and Aston Villa. Basically the final position of a team will be inline with its wage spending, give or take a position.

Atletico to go through tonight? The form book says so. I think we all expect Juve to make it, don't we?
Portugal has Porto and Benfica, Spain has Real Madrid and Barcelona (and every 20 years or so Atletico), Germany has Bayern Bayern Bayern, England has ManUn, ManCity, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal at least! Besides, the difference between the stronger teams there is not so big when compared to smaller teams! Here Porto or Benfica are light years away from the rest!

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
I'm so happy for Juve, after so many years, semi-finals. I watched them lift trophy's in Seria A, I watched them in Seria B, but I was just a kid when they had major role in Europe, now finally, they are here, it dose not matter what comes next, but ofc I hope Berlin is what comes next.

Portugal has Porto and Benfica, Spain has Real Madrid and Barcelona (and every 20 years or so Atletico), Germany has Bayern Bayern Bayern, England has ManUn, ManCity, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal at least! Besides, the difference between the stronger teams there is not so big when compared to smaller teams! Here Porto or Benfica are light years away from the rest!
Oh, I know. But that's not enough for us. Or rather, it's not enough for people who support other Premier League clubs. I'm betting Wrexham fans couldn't give a monkeys who wins the Premier League.

The money is shared out much more evenly too, as opposed to Spain and, I think Italy. It's about the league rather than the individual clubs. Or, it was when the league was formed. I think the winners get about £18m and the bottom club with get about £1.5. When you think about the kind of money the top clubs, mainly but not exclusively United and Liverpool, could earn from making their own deals (ala Barca, Real, Juve, etc) they're losing tens if not hundreds of millions of pounds per year. But it does make for a better league, IMO.

If you look at Deloitte's last top 30 richest clubs in the world (2013/14), 14 of them are Premier League teams, whereas three of them are Spanish and Barca and Real are both in the top 4 (Atletico being the other at 15. Four German, four Italian, two French one Portuguese and one Turkish make up the rest. If you don't know which Portuguese team it is, don't look as you won't like it.) but I think the feeling over here is what's the point in being the 17th richest team in the world if you won't finish higher than 6th in the league?

Juventus are sworn enemies to us Torino fans, but it's nice to see an Italian team making it far in the Champions League again.
This is how it used to be over here. Hell, when I was a kid I wanted Scottish teams to do well more than English ones. Well, English ones called Liverpool anyway. For the last 25 years though, it's been United or nothing and, while I used to be the exception, I think these days it's the norm.