Old Fashioned

Tools    

Originally posted by Omega
Let me guess Firegod you have your head in the sand right. What do you call the Middle East, when Saddum started a war against Kuwait it was a blood war, or a religous war. Yes we understand some of the reason's why the war was started, but through the annuls of time every war in the Middle East has been based on religon. To say we have seen less and less is a sign of your age and the fact that you simply are spouting off at the mouth with nothing in which to base your opinion. Bin Laden himself said the attack against America was against the Christian belief which we say this nation was founded upon. Time to have an origianl thought, tell me what you think rather then what you have read. From the gut.
Pointing out that those wars are based on religion only strengthens my argument. That would only be false if wars in the world were not decreasing in frequency. They are. More people are killed today because there are many more people in the world than there used to be, and because our weapons are more advanced. However, countries used to travel the world conquering others purely for religious reasons much more than countries do now. I think you need to study history a bit more.

One of the reasons it is happenening less and less is because the world is getting less and less religious. Another reason is because it is getting more and more tolerant of other people's religion or lack there of. I realize there are factors other than religion, but I definately see a correlation between religion and destruction.

By the way. If my youth is such an issue, why is Yoda so right on in your opinion? He is much younger than I am. If he is making so much sense and I am making so little sense, isn't that a score for the youngins? Or are you just spouting off with nothing ON which to base your opinion?

He who is first is also last.
Well Firegod, using my quote now, you really need to get out more. I think your forgetting your comment, you stated that there is less and less killing because we are getting away from religon. Again do you read the paper or watch the news, and to say that there is less killing because there are more people in the world is hogwash. Your simply crunching numbers, when in reality there are more people dying today then ever before. War and non related war deaths. As far as history goes, I know plenty, and of course you may know a lot more in facts and dates, but what does that have to do with what were taking about. The reality is we know that as the world progress's forward the seperation between those who serve themselves and those who God will be destinct. As far a agreeing with Yoda, though he may be younger then you in body, it seems his mind and possibly his heart has surpassed yours, this of course only based on what I have read from his response's and your's.

Well this coming from someone who thinks that Jonah lived in a whale and that grass on Earth was created before the sun, moon and stars, I hope you don't mind if I don't take it too seriously.

Well let me see Firegod, so what your saying is that since I believe that all things are possible with God and you don't I should not be taken seriously. Well we know plainly that he who live's in the pit mocks God. So let me ask you Firegod because you don't believe these thing's does that mean they are not so? or is it that your mind and heart are not at this point capable of grasping the thought that the creator of the Universe could do such things as you say. Is it possible that you believe in anything, or is it that you don't have the faith to believe. "IN THE BEGINNING GOD" always has been, always will be the creator of all things.

Nah. I'm just having some fun with you. You seemed pretty willing to get heated right at the start, so I decided to go a few rounds. If I thought I was actually going to hurt you or something, I probably wouldn't have been so blunt. I'm mostly just messing around.

I can grasp the concepts of your god, but I have no faith whatsoever (when the definition of faith is believing in things without any evidence). I simply have seen no good reason to believe in your or any other god.

Well nothing like a good debate, why is that Firegod, why is it impossible for you to believe that God exsist's, is it for the fact of physical evidence only? Oh and really I wasn't heated, just getting warmed up.

Well, I don't think it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to believe, but so far I haven't seen anything convincing. I need evidence to believe in something, rather than evidence to not believe in something, the latter being what many people seem to think should be the case. It's not just physical evidence though. If I felt what I thought was the presence of a deity, I wouldn't need PHYSICAL evidence to believe in it.

EDIT: Omega, I just made a bunch of changes to this message, because it was all screwed up.

Well let me ask you a question, how do you know the Sun will come up, it all deal's with faith, I think it take's more heart to believe in something not seen with the physical eye or to be able to touch. I think every time I see something on this planet, tree's etc, people, it alone declair's God.

Well, that's fine for you; but for me, beauty isn't nearly enough for me to start believing in deities. I know the sun will PROBABLY come up, because I understand a little something about how the Earth works. It's not likely to stop spinning anytime soon.

May I ask you another question? Using the strictest definition of "all-powerful" meaning "can do ANYTHING" is your god all-powerful?

Is God, the creator of heaven and earth all powerful, "YES"

This has officially become the "LordSlayton ( ), Firegod, Yoda, and Omega Thread"!

Ok. Can he make something that is both all black and all green? Can he create something that is so heavy he cannot lift it? In regards to the second question, if he can't then there is something he can't do, while if he can, then there is something he can't do (lift a certain object). Using the strictest definition of "all-powerful" it is simply something that is impossible to be.

Well Firegod, if I answer well yes God can create something to heavy he can not lift you will say then this God of mine is not all powerful. In answer to your question, again I state there is nothing impossible for God. I in turn will ask you a question, will God force you to love him or believe in him?

I don't know. It would be a difficult thing to do if he is a fictional character. It also depends on what religion you believe in.

Picking on newbies, Fire?

I can grasp the concepts of your god, but I have no faith whatsoever (when the definition of faith is believing in things without any evidence).
There is evidence of God. You may not find it sufficient, but there is definitely evidence.

Ok. Can he make something that is both all black and all green?
Obviously you realize you're asking for a contradiction in logic. I like to say that God can do basically anything; but that inherent contradictions are not things at all.

You do realize of course you did not answer the question, Iam sure you are aware of the God in which I speak. Given the fact that he is not fictional, please answer the question.

Originally posted by Yoda
Picking on newbies, Fire?

There is evidence of God. You may not find it sufficient, but there is definitely evidence.

Obviously you realize you're asking for a contradiction in logic. I like to say that God can do basically anything; but that inherent contradictions are not things at all.
Makes sense, but I think I qualified my question pretty well with:

Using the strictest definition of "all-powerful" meaning "can do ANYTHING"

Originally posted by Omega
You do realize of course you did not answer the question, Iam sure you are aware of the God in which I speak. Given the fact that he is not fictional, please answer the question.
Um.. No. Your god not being fictional is definately not a FACT. I'll answer the question again. If he exists, then it would depend on what religion you're going to use. If he doesn't exist, then no, he can't force me to love him.

Ok then I will answer the question more clearly, I believe in Jesus Christ the Son of the living God. I believe in the trinity God, Son, Holy Spirit. I believe in the God of Abraham, of Isaac and Jacob. A bit over kill on the answer but there you go.

Nothing wrong with that. However, I do question whether or not it is appropriate to try to force those opinions on others.