The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame III: Foreign Language Edition

Tools    

Sure, which did you cross off. I can check
Gawd, let's see if I can remember... Sweet Smell of Success, Million Dollar Baby, Dawn of the Dead, and Philadelphia

Gawd, let's see if I can remember... Sweet Smell of Success, Million Dollar Baby, Dawn of the Dead, and Philadelphia
Well nobody picked any of those for you. Thank god or else we'd really have problems.

I'll send mine as soon as possible. will be about 4pm or 5pm GMT.
Sounds good! Keep an eye out for a message back in case you pick something that's already taken.

So we may know in 3ish hours!?!
Not good with time zones but it sounds about the time I'll be finishing up with work. I'll be able to get it started pretty quickly.

Hi guys, sorry, something's come up at work and i'm not going to be able to do this in time. Time not on my side with this one but I'll be sure to keep reading the thread. Thanks.

I don’t feel good about any of mine. I just went with films I thought were good and felt should be seen.
🤷
I was kind of in the same boat. I really didn't want to double up and give the same nom to multiple people which means a couple of choices may not be the best for whom I chose it for. I've seen a lot of foreign films but apparently none of them are any good as they weren't on any lists. Everything I nominated I think is good but you know how it goes.

Finished third in the first PRHoF but don't think that top five is in the cards for the second. Just hoping for a top ten finish. The first one was easy as I just picked absolute stud classics (with one exception - sorry Siddon). The second one I took a few more chances, personal faves for the most part, which are going okay but nothing special. The best reviewed of my recs seems to be in a very crowded field and could end up as low as eighth. Ye Gods!

Hi guys, sorry, something's come up at work and i'm not going to be able to do this in time. Time not on my side with this one but I'll be sure to keep reading the thread. Thanks.
This is what you would've been watching-

A Man and a Woman (1966)
Belle Du Jour (1967)
Drunken Angel (1948)
Europa Europa (1990)
Hiroshima Mon Amour (1959)
Late Spring (1949)
M (1931)
Nosferatu, the Vampyre (1979)
Pather Panchali (1955)
Raise the Red Lantern (1991)
The Story of the Last Chrysanthemum (1939)
Wages of Fear (1953)

This is what you would've been watching-

A Man and a Woman (1966)
Belle Du Jour (1967)
Drunken Angel (1948)
Europa Europa (1990)
Late Spring (1949)
M (1931)
Nosferatu, the Vampyre (1979)
Pather Panchali (1955)
Raise the Red Lantern (1991)
The Story of the Last Chrysanthemum (1939)
Wages of Fear (1953)
Pather Panchali (1955)

I've actually seen those ones so I'm glad I am not in it now or I'd have messed things right up! Need to update my lists!

The others though - are great matches and right at the top of the watchlist so maybe I'll watch them and see what you guys think of them. Sorry to take up everybody's time on this. But better now than at some point later on.

Pather Panchali (1955)

I've actually seen those ones so I'm glad I am not in it now or I'd have messed things right up! Need to update my lists!

The others though - are great matches and right at the top of the watchlist so maybe I'll watch them and see what you guys think of them. Sorry to take up everybody's time on this. But better now than at some point later on.
My first pick for you was in Path a Repair Panchali but somebody took it. I ended up going with a man and a woman. Voice text don't laugh at me.