The Next 007

Tools    

EW did a feature back in the fall speculating about who the next 007 would be.

They listed a bunch of people like Ewan McGregor, Christian Bale, Rupert Everett, Jude Law, etc.

I think they left out a potential candidate though, Adrian Paul.

Most of the other people are too young, or too young looking for bond, he is the right age. He's more like Sean Connery though than Pierce Brosnan, but thats not bad. The only downside I would see is that he is more built, and perhaps taller, than the traditional bond.

Anyways here are some pictures:

http://www.romantictimes.com/f_reade...art/paul_1.jpg
(that one looks like he is Bond already)

http://www.annemccaffrey.org/Media/i...adrianpaul.jpg

http://www.sassites.com/starling/act...ian/adrian.jpg

He's not that bad of an actor, I liked him in the Highlander series, and honestly Bond doesn't require much. I wouldn't say he's completely perfect for the part, but he's better than the others.

Guy
I think Ewan McGregor would be okay, Jude Law would be good, and Clive Owen would be great.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hmmm,

The ones listed, aside from Adrian Paul, could be a good Bond.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Ewan McGregor is by far the worst choice. I think one of the Bond requirements is good looks, and I'm no woman but I don't think Ewan McGregor has the looks. If they need a new 006 for some reason Ewan's got the part, but he's no Bond.

On the opposite end I'd say Jude Law is too good looking, or too much of a babyface. He isn't rugged enough. Plus he's too young, or again very young looking.

Rupert Everett is of course not manly enough, might as well choose Hugh Grant.

Yes, exactly. IMO, even Brosnan is a bit too much of a pretty boy to be playing this role, but his delivery more than makes up for it. I think he makes a fantastic Bond. Anyway, I imagine that, whoever's chosen, it won't be someone TOO famous, like Law or McGregor. I think it'll be a semi-known. That's just my opinion, though. I hear Robson Green is one of those being considered...though I also hear that, after the 20th Bond flick, Brosnan does hope to do at least one more...so we've got awhile to wait yet.

Brosnan atleast has wrinkles and stubble, thats something Law can't claim.

I can't imagine Ewan playing the part, but I can see Jude Law doing it.

The thing is, you gotta ask, what Bond do you want? Do you want to Connery sort of Bond, or do you want the Roger Moore kind of Bond? I'd go Connery -- he was always the best Bond. So who do we get to bring back the magic of the Connery Bond?

EDIT:
Just looking at that site, Aspen, I could really see Robbie Williams doing it, but he won't. It will be interesting to see who gets to be the next 007 -- and I'm sure at the time we'll all go: "Of course!! The perfect choice!!"

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Just looking at that site, Aspen, I could really see Robbie Williams doing it, but he won't. It will be interesting to see who gets to be the next 007 -- and I'm sure at the time we'll all go: "Of course!! The perfect choice!!"
Yeah, more often than not, I think that's the case: they make the right decision because, well, there's a lot in it for them if they do. I'm confident they'll pick a good Bond in the end. Either that, or someone downright horrible...but I don't think that's too likely.

As long as they look suave and can deliver some of the most hilariously suave sexist lines in cinematic history, I'm fine.

Meanwhile, filming has started on the next Bond film [which stars Brosnan as Bond]. Halle Berry is in it, along with a collection of other peoples. In an interview, Brosnan said that he hoped that this wouldn't be his last Bond film. He said he'd love to do as many as six or seven before he lost the 00-title.

Yep. Halle Berry plays "Jinx," a bad guy. A bad guy Bond'll surely shag, but a bad guy (or girl?) nonetheless. Oh, and I posted a news story recently about the next Bond Girl. Just in case anyone's interested:

thankyou ASPEN for that great collection of tall-dark-and-handsomes!!

Hee hee. I know who Kimberly Davies is, if only 'cos I'm Australian. I've never liked her, she's always seemed to be "better" than everyonelse, or at least thought it, at least down here. At least.

That's not a great photo, by the way, Chris.

Yeah, I had trouble finding something good...partially because I don't know what she "really" looks like, if you get my meaning. If you have one that more accurately shows what she tends to look like, and what she'll probably look like on screen, just let me know ([email protected]) and I'll make the switch.

The official title is "Die Another Day"

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
I'd say Bale, as with Law, is too prettyboy-ish to take the role.

Jesus I hope its no one that EW said!