Lotr:fotr Dvd

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!

There's no mention of a release with 4-discs on another site.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

There was a rumor about a four disc set but I heard that its false. But you never know

B&W
Has there even been any 3-disc movies?

The plan, Spudly, was to have one disc with the commerical film, with commentaries and stuff, interactive films, and such.

Then the second disc was going to be the director's cut, and commentary, and the third and fourth were going to be special features discs.

Of course, it could all very well be nothing but rumor.

It'd be nice if 'twere true, but.

"Has there ever been any 3-disc movies?"

Yes. Criterion's edition of Gilliam's Brazil is a three-disc set.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
What I'm saying is why release ONE movie on four discs?

Two discs sounds better than four, IMO. Especially since not all the movies have been released yet.

4 discs definitely seems a bit excessive, even for a movie like LOTR:FOTR. I can't wait for the box set though... unfortunately it will be a few years... LOL

I've heard rumors that there is going to be a release of the regular theater version in August and a release of another extended version in November with an extra half hour of footage. I can't imagine that the extra half hour would take another 3 CDs though...

I'm probaly gonna buy both , since I wont be ablwe to wait for the 4 discs , but I'm sure the 4 discs will be privey , 60-70 dollars IMO.

The release date for the dvd has been set, and it's got a street date set for August 6. This is going to be a 2-disc set, with quite a bit of special features. Then, coming November 12, the big 4-disc set will be released, which will feature more than 30 minutes of deleted scenes.

Does anyone know when the DVD comes our in Aussie??

Guy
I'll probably buy all three 4 disc sets when they come out and then hopefully newline will sell the boxes that hold the whole set so many of us won't feel ripped off.