Ridley Scott , talks Alien Prequel

Tools    

Damn, I'm excited about all this.

Link

"Ridley Scott Talks Alien Prequel
Gods and monsters?
Source: The Independent

Fresh from dusting off the bracken and pulling out rogue arrows from Robin Hood, Ridley Scott is turning his attention to the two-part Alien prequel.

The project has been germinating since that xeno-baby first popped jauntily out of John Hurt's chest back in 1979 and with Lost co-creator Damon Lindoff close to turning in a script and casting announcements presumably not too far off, Scott's vision for the Alien origin story(s) is coming together nicely.

"The film will be really tough, really nasty," he tells The Independent of the 3D two-parter. "It's the dark side of the moon. We are talking about gods and engineers. Engineers of space. And were the aliens designed as a form of biological warfare? Or biology that would go in and clean up a planet?"

Hmm... intriguing, if suitably vague, stuff. The notion that the death-dealing xenomorphs are as much an instrument of a higher power as, say, the colonial marines has been part of the Alien mythology for years and seems a logical direction to take the prequels.

No mention of space jockeys yet but some friendly banter for his successor on the franchise. "Jim's raised the bar and I've got to jump to it," he says. "He's not going to get away with it." Mr Cameron, consider yourself warned."

Bad as in taking away from what could be a worthwhile story. It's a complete cash grab, there's no way Alien as a subject is suitable for 3D, all they're going to do in 3D is show a stomach burst from above and have the second mouth suddenly jet out at you

I'm up for more Alien movies but I just hope there's an option to see it in 2D

Your rite, + I hate constantly acknowledging that certain scenes were shot to cater towards 3-d (Final Destination 4). Its like the science is dictating the art. But I'm still excited, It's Ridley, have faith dude. .

Biological warfare, cleaning up planets and space jockeys. We had a great discussion about some of these concepts a while back.

I guess I should read that whole thread after watching 1-3 again. My box set didn't come with Resurrection
probably for the best mate, No good can come from watching resurrection. I think Rez is the reason the only option for a follow up was a prequel. Terrible action film laced with tacky comedic one liners and over-exposure. Couldn't have been further from the tone of the Alien franchise (prior).

My own Recipe, way more dangerous
Who were you expecting, Santa Clause.
Who do I have to **** to get off this boat?
Hey, son, I'll give ya my authorization code. It's E-A, T-M, E.
Begging your pardon, sir, but **** YOU!
Father's dead, *******. Intruder on level one. All aliens, please proceed to level one.

Funny, but just removed from the saga in my opinion.

Will this be good? But then, the Alien franchise is, quite possibly, the most overrated franchise in movie history, so it wouldn't really be a surprise.

Will this be good? But then, the Alien franchise is, quite possibly, the most overrated franchise in movie history, so it wouldn't really be a surprise.
What makes you feel the 'franchise' is overrated? Obviously this statement includes the comics books, lunch boxes, bed covers, toys, films, jewellery, art etc.

I'm not saying your incorrect, I'm just curious as to why you think this.

I find its a common misconception that if something is successful and popular and you dislike it, its "overrated'.

What makes you feel the 'franchise' is overrated? Obviously this statement includes the comics books, lunch boxes, bed covers, toys, films, jewellery, art etc.

I'm not saying your incorrect, I'm just curious as to why you think this.

I find its a common misconception that if something is successful and popular and you dislike it, its "overrated'.
No, I didn't think about all the merchandise that comes with it, but I'm prepared to throw it all in if you want.

The first is a decent sci-fi/horror film. The second is just a horrible action/war film with one of the most annoying characters in movie history (Newt.) The third I liked but it's not a great film and the fourth? Well, apart from Winona Ryder and the style, the film was a complete mess. When people bang on about the Alien 'franchise' or movies, they're usually talking about the first two films and they're just not that good.

No, I didn't think about all the merchandise that comes with it, but I'm prepared to throw it all in if you want.

The first is a decent sci-fi/horror film. The second is just a horrible action/war film with one of the most annoying characters in movie history (Newt.) The third I liked but it's not a great film and the fourth? Well, apart from Winona Ryder and the style, the film was a complete mess. When people bang on about the Alien 'franchise' or movies, they're usually talking about the first two films and they're just not that good.
The franchise is everything associated, on all mediums/platforms, it sounds like you dislike the movie saga.

I respect your rite to dislike the films. I suppose if you dislike a critically and commercially successful film it automatically becomes overrated in your opinion, by definition.

I'm glad however that the average of nearly 180,000 people seem to agree with me.

If you're using the IMDB Top 250 to justify your claim, you've already lost. And, you're right, I do dislike the whole movie saga. I'd rather watch A Clockwork Orange than Aliens, and that's really saying something.

No I'm just saying that I'm glad that the movie's (First two) are commercially successful. I'm not using it to claim anything. I love the saga, you don't, fair dues buddy. Jesus Christ himself could sail into this argument and agree with me and it doesn't make you wrong, never mind the average public vote on the biggest movie database on the web. Your an educated film lover and I respect your opinion.

I negative repped you because you seemed to falsely accuse me of using IMDB for leverage in a debate. You missed the point of me mentioning it.

I don't think I did 3 times, can you link me to the posts and I'll happily tell you why I did it.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
The pic you posted above? And what's with all the neg rep? Usually I don't care, but that's the third time today?
next big thing is on a neg rep jihad HK.

hell i got one for being disapointed with Robin Hood.

I best not admit on the whole i find brother Tony makes more enjoyable films.