Whats the last great documentary you saw?

Tools    

I think everyone seems like that when they have views different from someone else unless they are very very understanding. I wouldn't doubt that it's even harder when facing the person instead of being online where you can look things up and make sure your view or opinion is factual.

I do too, I think his personality is okay, especially for that documentary.

Okay, we're at an impasse, but I don't think many other people who are familiar with him would deny his practically trademarked smartass jabs and smirking "Give 'em enough rope to hang themselves" tactics. But sure, you can simply label it "confidence" and ignore the implication of contempt and arrogance behind his smug sarcasm.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Just finished rewatching Children Underground. It's about the plight of homeless children in Romania after the fall of communism. It's one of the more devestating docs I've seen.

Okay, we're at an impasse, but I don't think many other people who are familiar with him would deny his practically trademarked smartass jabs and smirking "Give 'em enough rope to hang themselves" tactics. But sure, you can simply label it "confidence" and ignore the implication of contempt and arrogance behind his smug sarcasm.

Well the reason I label it that is because I feel like anyone whose opinion can't be changed or no matter how many discussions there are to try and have someone agree with you, it's confidence, maybe it's also arrogance but I feel like your arrogant when you don't know the facts of the opposing side of your argument and I don't always feel like that's the case. But maybe I in my comments is making me seem arrogant. lol

Am I unreasonable?

I felt like I wanted to ask because of this conversation. You say you have similar views to Bill, can you elaborate?

I tend to agree that organized religion does more harm than good for our species; it more often than not discourages living a questioning life and encourages blind conformity to authorized ideas. I also agree with him on the marijuana issue. I'm bisexual and support same-sex marriage. No one should be able to prevent consenting adults from marrying.

I've been listening to him and watching him for many years. I like him in general but he can be obnoxious.

Anything else?

I just wanted to know, I might want to know more later, I'm kind of nosy with wanting to understand someone.

So you agree with most everything he says, just you don't think his approach is necessary?

I just wanted to know, I might want to know more later, I'm kind of nosy with wanting to understand someone.

So you agree with most everything he says, just you don't think his approach is necessary?
Necessary? Of course not.

Funny? Yeah, to a point.

You don't think he's being the way everyone else is when they talk about things, such as religion?

You don't think he's being the way everyone else is when they talk about things, such as religion?
Uh, not exactly, no. He was being Bill Maher. I didn't see too many other people in the doc letting off zingers at his expense and trying not to giggle at his silly beliefs.

Obviously, he was making fun of those people and their beliefs. That's his style. That was kinda the point of the doc too.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be able to, obviously. I'm just saying what I said from the start: I like him in small doses but he can be overbearing. There's only so much appeal to an "It's just absurd" argument. That's why I say the doc is good but not great: It's more concerned with being humorous than being informative.

Anything else?

Uh, not exactly, no. He was being Bill Maher. I didn't see too many other people in the doc letting off zingers at his expense and trying not to giggle at his silly beliefs.

Obviously, he was making fun of those people and their beliefs. That's his style. That was kinda the point of the doc too.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be able to, obviously. I'm just saying what I said from the start: I like him in small doses but he can be overbearing. There's only so much appeal to an "It's just absurd" argument. That's why I say the doc is good but not great: It's more concerned with being humorous than being informative.

Anything else?
I understand the "It's just absurd" argument but what about the "you have to have faith" argument a lot of the people he was making fun of made?

I'm confused. Aren't you guys on the same side?

I'm just asking him questions, I'm not trying to argue with him or get a rise out of him.

I understand the "It's just absurd" argument but what about the "you have to have faith" argument a lot of the people he was making fun of made?
What about it?

I'm confused. Aren't you guys on the same side?
Gabe can't seem to wrap her head around the idea of me not loving Religulous even though I tend to agree with Maher more often than not.