Loser

→ in
Tools    

I just saw this but I know others have too from previous posts. I liked it till he bought the yellow flowers. Then the movie turned stupid.

Wait! Aaaahh! I'm an Insomniac now! My Critic rights have been revoked.!

Loser was a disappointment.

Amy Heckerling can do so much better. Clueless was one of the best teen movies of the 90s.

Loser's plot was run of the mill. The only thing that sparked it into life was the leads. Both Jason Biggs and Mena Suvari have got an easy, natural charm. It's hard to dislike them. Greg Kinnear has fun in his role but why would Suvari stay with him? The college guys I found hilarious until Heckerling unwisely turns them into date rapists. What was that about? These guys were smart. Who wouldn't take advantage of a college professor the way they did?

The movie wanted us to believe Suvari thinks everytime she falls in love it should be head over heels and that's why she stays with the Prof. I don't think so. I've known girls in real life with jerks for boyfriends. So I didn't think anything of it when I saw it in a movie. I didn't like the college guys but I too said wtf at the whole switching of the pills to make Biggs a hero thing. As long as I'm saying wtf, what's up with the flat topped hat? I have never in my life known a teenager in a hat that was cool. That must have been some kind of 80's homage. I liked his flappy winter hat better. The movie did have some interesting things go on in the beginning too bad they didn't explore them and took the easy way out.

I didn't think it was as good as Clueless either, but I still really liked it.