East Asia Corner

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
@resopamenic Please rec me some Asian drama with cute girls. Preferably Japanese and from the 80s. Cute girls are the main factor I'm interested in, but I wouldn't mind if it actually was pretty good itself. Sukeban Deka was horrid and I only survived three episodes (and I love Yuki Saito!). Graduation with Momoko Kikuchi seems so promising, but it's nowhere to be found! Newer dramas / TV series are eligible, too, but there's nothing better than cute 80s idols, is there?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I don't venture much into dorama and the 80s is out my reach, unfortunately
but I think you can just pick any with 80s idols on its main cast. I mean you can still drop it later, right? xD

as for lately, this definitely works for all (cute) girl cast :
https://mydramalist.com/57561-about-sam
https://mydramalist.com/57545-meet-the-monkey

newscast what happened in east Asia lately.

natural disaster

human development:

AI development:

discussion about the progressive issue:

proxy war of western influences:

market report:

philosophical debate:

apparently good things happen around the neighborhood.

I don't venture much into dorama and the 80s is out my reach, unfortunately
Your lack of expertise is disappointing.
but I think you can just pick any with 80s idols on its main cast
What are those, then? Which one is the best? Why didn't Obayashi direct an all-time greatest TV drama with all cute Japanese idols of the time?!
I mean you can still drop it later, right? xD
I hope this is not the mindset you're using with your boyfriend.
as for lately, this definitely works for all (cute) girl cast :
Thanks. I might use mydramalist to look for series I'm interested in. I absolutely forgot about the site. The problem with dramas is that 95% of them are trash, so it's hard to find something of value.

Your lack of expertise is disappointing.

What are those, then? Which one is the best? Why didn't Obayashi direct an all-time greatest TV drama with all cute Japanese idols of the time?!
idk. wasn't gal like nakamori akina, kyoko koizumi, hiroko yakushimaru also have dorama back then like yuki saito? geez, do your research properly!!
obayashi suit more for the commercial I think. he should stick with that.

in serious note I remember --I dont remember where i heard them-- about these two names : Yuko Asano & Atsuko Asano. both(not related?) kinda associated with popular, trendy dorama in the 80s.
I suspected this one of it.
https://mydramalist.com/32217-dakishimetai
(well, i think this is right in your alley tbh)

I hope this is not the mindset you're using with your boyfriend.
that why they invented the trash bin, I mean..

Thanks. I might use mydramalist to look for series I'm interested in. I absolutely forgot about the site. The problem with dramas is that 95% of them are trash, so it's hard to find something of value.
the site saturated more for stuff from 2000s onward.
yeah, that dramas for ya. even the great one far from being perfect, i guess.

geez, do your research properly!!
Well, obviously I have you, so I don't have to! Also, all these idols you listed are not gals (gyarus)!!! I've seen enough po... nevermind.
Obayashi suit more for the commercial I think. he should stick with that.
He actually directed some. And they're kewl:

Yuko Asano & Atsuko Asano
Nice, but not much stuff available with them in it.

Wait, they're not cute enough! Where are the glowing eyes? What is this, Baywatch? Well, I wish this was the Baywatch they aired when I was a kid. Hehe. Take that, Pamela! Apart from that, looks good. Too bad it's NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!!!

that why they invented the trash bin, I mean..
Wow. And I took you for a good girl.

even the great one far from being perfect, i guess.
That's a bummer. Well, as long as girls are cute...

Well, obviously I have you, so I don't have to! Also, all these idols you listed are not gals (gyarus)!!!
grrr...

I've seen enough po... nevermind.
po.. what? wht did i miss here you slick!!

He actually directed some. And they're kewl:
that what i mean!!
his style was unique but the movie always feels like a collage of (interesting) commercial, to me.
interesting filmmaker, nonetheless.

Nice, but not much stuff available with them in it.
Wait, they're not cute enough! Where are the glowing eyes? What is this, Baywatch? Well, I wish this was the Baywatch they aired when I was a kid. Hehe. Take that, Pamela! Apart from that, looks good. Too bad it's NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!!!
i guess that should be the challenge for old dramas. even I bet the sub are scarce to none.
i found it instantly! but in raw.
oh wait the link is dead.
can't help with that xD.

Wow. And I took you for a good girl.
I'm sorry to be such a good girl...

That's a bummer. Well, as long as girls are cute...
the biggest hassle to avoid with the casual type of dorama (in any Asian country), which are romcom, for most of part you must be patient with the existence of male leads aka ikemen with emo hairstyle.
happy diggin'

what is baywatch btw... :3

can't help with that xD

the biggest hassle to avoid with the casual type of dorama (in any Asian country), which are romcom, for most of part you must be patient with the existence of male leads
Yeah, I already noticed so many of those dramas have an awful teenage female POV of a girl falling for cool and cute boys (yeah, sometimes multiple, a reverse harem!) which is vomit. Still, I found a promising one with Akina Nakamori, Just the Way We Are (1992).

The story is about an unlikely friendship between two women. This intimate look at two lives chronicles their struggle with love, loyalty, and fulfillment. Two women with seemingly different outlooks on life come together against all odds in a fragile attempt to seek out the best of what they have to offer each other and themselves. Can their unexpected friendship survive affairs of the heart? An honest tale of two women unfolds with an end as uncertain as the friendship which drew them together.
Sounds promising!

what is baywatch btw... :3

I was wrong the entire time! It's not the 80s, but the 90s stuff I'm craving for!

This is the perfect aesthetic! Slightly Obayashian, too!

baywhat
Geez, what the hell was that westerner!!

Yeah, I already noticed so many of those dramas have an awful teenage female POV of a girl falling for cool and cute boys (yeah, sometimes multiple, a reverse harem!) which is vomit. Still, I found a promising one with Akina Nakamori, Just the Way We Are (1992).
I was wrong the entire time! It's not the 80s, but the 90s stuff I'm craving for!
This is the perfect aesthetic! Slightly Obayashian, too!
Golden decade for dorama?
i found this before
https://www.thejakartapost.com/life/...t-we-miss.html
most of that was from 90s

long vacation probably the most famous one in the 90s even I encounter this title cited in regular japan tv shows.
+yamaguchi tomoko +matsu takako

Looks too normie & cheap. Sorry. I have higher standards.

How about just some clips of cute Japanese girls making little fists with their hands and making little feline noises while wearing cat ears?

How about just some clips of cute Japanese girls making little fists with their hands and making little feline noises while wearing cat ears?
Perv! I'm looking for art... right now... I have enough of this kind of content stashed... And some perv friends who send me even more... And not just that... Reso close your eyes!!!
Oh, look, there's a cute girl who's tough!

Hopes to achieve: Breaking stereotypes! Feminism!
Harsh reality: Aimed at submissive guys who want to be beaten up by a cutie.

hey, submissive guys are inherently underrated. we need more punching bags!!
Evil! Just imagine if somebody said this about submissive girls. It would wreak havoc!

But I and @Captain Steel very well know that pure, cute and submissive girls are the best!

Evil! Just imagine if somebody said this about submissive girls. It would wreak havoc!
the world need to chill down

But I and @Captain Steel very well know that pure, cute and submissive girls are the best!