Have any movie scenes filmed close to your home?

Tools    

Victim of The Night
Some of Django Unchained was filmed in my best friend's house.
There's a lot of stuff always filming here. I was trying to take a nap one day and I heard the sound of gunfire, a lot of gunfire, and I went out on my balcony to check it out and there was like a squad of people in black with helmets running up my street with assault rifles. For half a second I was like, "What the ****?!" and then someone yelled "Cut" over a bullhorn.

Parts of Scream 4 were shot in Plymouth, Michigan, just 20 minutes away from where I live.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
They film quite a bit of stuff in my town surprisingly with I guess the biggest ones (recently at least) being The Shape of Water and that Netflix show Umbrella Academy.

The Accidental Tourist was partially set in Baltimore. Some scenes were filmed near where I worked, although I was not paying attention to that until I walked out to get some lunch and passed a guy, thought I recognized him, and mentally said, "William Hurt? What the heck is HE doing HERE? On this street? Then I saw a crew on the next block and realized that it was him and that he seemed to be walking out to get an anonymous lunch at the next deli on the block.

"They film quite a bit of stuff in my town surprisingly with I guess the biggest ones (recently at least) being The Shape of Water and that Netflix show Umbrella Academy."

Ironically, The Shape of Water was set in Baltimore, but filmed in Ontario. I recall seeing reference to Baltimore, looking at the movie, which I really liked, and remarking, "Is there another Baltimore somewhere?". Baltimore has a fairly identifiable look and feel and, Shape of Water was NOT Baltimore even though it was not unflattering.

I was kind of befuddled, since lots of movies have been set here, or, Baltimore was used to imitate some other place (it has a very diverse choice of possible settings), but I don't know that I've seen anybody claim to be Baltimore when they were not. I guess we moved up a notch in the world. We do have some "high security government labs" here, but, I don't think they have any watery aliens, just horrible, inanimate weapons.

That also happened in Sum of All Fears, where terrorists blow up what is supposed to be the football stadium in Baltimore. The one they actually blew up (digitally of course) was different and the movie was not filmed here, and didn't look a bit like the actual M&T Bank stadium in Baltimore or it's setting. I don't know why film makers would animate a stadium with a well known location, and then get it completely wrong.

They film quite a bit of stuff in my town surprisingly with I guess the biggest ones (recently at least) being The Shape of Water and that Netflix show Umbrella Academy.
Same for me!

I'm from Delco, PA. Silver Linings Playbook was filmed here and everyone in the county was excited to have a film about Delaware county. It was nice to see a Philadelphia native, Bradley Cooper, play the lead role because he brought not only the accent but the physicality of a native to the role.

Kate Winslet filmed locally recently in an HBO drama, Mare of Easttown. She used a Delco accent and said it was so hard to do that it made her want to throw things. It actually takes place in Chester county which doesn't have as strong an accent. But she is dressed in a totally Delco manner with a pony tail, jeans and an Ocean City sweatshirt..