Bad HighSchool experiences

Tools    

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
I wish my school was more like that! But I seriously doubt that ever happening, I go to a school of about 2000+ students, and while we're diverse, the gaps are huge. Not racially, but the class gaps are huge. It's mostly upper-class, upper-middle class people of all different types of backgrounds, but then you have this huge gap from that to lower-bottom class. Everybody has their own niche though. Academics is becoming the new 'popular' thing though, but we still have a record breaking amount of preps and jocks at my school, it's disgusting. And yet it is so much fun. I've decided to 'quit' drama in favor of doing more school oriented activities; clubs, running clubs, debate, and various after-school activities. It's also been a great way to get mor einvolved in my community, plus it helps to know what teachers I am going to have my junior and senior year (since I am taking mostly AP's). High School is a total blast, I have the best english tecaher, she set aside time in her schedule to have an open feedback session for all her students at the public library. So we all got to have private feedback from her after school on our essays.
Good luck with that! I also went to a smaller school- and it was the only high school within 2 1/2 hours, so it was like its own little enigma. I really didnt have any friends the first two years, but as the years went on our class kinda grew to realize how stupid we are acting. And now, a couple of my classmates came to the same college as I, but they're still the same as they were in high school- pretentious, snobby, super click-ey, and they havnt grown at all. i feel sorry for them.

I remember one time when i fell asleep in physics class my entire class decided to get up, turn off the lights, and leave, just to mess with me. It was pretty embarrassing.

Someone gives you crap - just go and cry, tell your parents to go to school and yell at the kid for you, tell the teacher to point the kid out in front of the whole class and let the teach stick up for you. Tell em' you play D&D and you're currently a level 12 dungeon master and you're quite skilled in the arts of wizardy. Start to wear a pocket protector.

If none of that works, just punch the biggest guy in stomach and run while yelling "Oh yeah!, you can bet your ass there's gonna be a next time, Nancy!"

The first set of options worked for me.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I wish my school was more like that! But I seriously doubt that ever happening, I go to a school of about 2000+ students, and while we're diverse, the gaps are huge. Not racially, but the class gaps are huge. It's mostly upper-class, upper-middle class people of all different types of backgrounds, but then you have this huge gap from that to lower-bottom class. Everybody has their own niche though. Academics is becoming the new 'popular' thing though
My school was about 2k too, but maybe my view is just biased because I was never really picked on or anything, but maybe thats just because I don't take **** from jackasses, only from friends. But yah, academics is becoming the new "popular" thing, which I think is a good thing for America. Though sadly it looks like the next generation of kids are making eating the new popular thing to do :-\

Originally Posted by OG-
My school was about 2k too, but maybe my view is just biased because I was never really picked on or anything, but maybe thats just because I don't take **** from jackasses, only from friends. But yah, academics is becoming the new "popular" thing, which I think is a good thing for America. Though sadly it looks like the next generation of kids are making eating the new popular thing to do :-\
Sorry I mis-typed, my school is about 2800+. My school is taking academics to a whole new level, but at the same time they expect that everything else does extraordinarily well at the same time. So far we're able to do this quite well. Nationally ranked football team (and at least top ten state rankings in all sports), nationally ranked choir's and band (California AAAA). High AP scores yada yada yada. The amount of students in advanced placement or honors classes has jumped radically from like around 500 to almost 600. Sooner or later it's going to be too much, it already is, and sadly kids all around me are resorting to illegal methods for relaxation. I guess I am the exception as well though, my school district is one of those insaneley strict districts that demand more than the best already, and my high school is the rich poster child for that philosophy. Even the other schools in our district say we take it too far.

As far as the obesity goes, I think that there is some progress being made in making sure that it won't be as bad. That also depends on the schools as well in some part, the amount of sports offered in an elementary school could dictate the involvement students will have in physical activities. Obviously if they're introduced to physical activity earlier on and have a large repretoire of sports to choose from, those students have a decreased risk in obesity.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
I got an "F" on a book report my freshman year.

I lost a bunch of wrestling matches over the four years.

Some girlfriends broke up with me.

A senior pushed me to the ground in the middle of class when I was a freshman. On the way down, the back of my head hit a girl in the nose, and her nose started bleeding.

My car battery caught on fire in the school parking lot. I put it out before it exploded (?).
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Do you know my poetry?
My school, on the other hand, is totally different. I mean sure, we have, like OG- 2000+ students, but its the way we act that makes us different. Academics is not a big thing at all in my school, no one likes to participate, not even me. I don't know why that is, I guess I can say "I have better things to do" but truthfully I don't. Most people at my school are vulgar and just plain mean. I mean, I can't go one day without hearing the "F" word more than 3 dozen times. Also, most kids here, as allthatglitters says, "are resorting to illegal methods for relaxation." I mean, even I can't say I haven't done these things. But that's never going to change down here, it's just the way it works. I'm not saying my school is a terrible place to go, but it sure is no great school either. I think the only true thing we can say were great at in our school is the drama club, our plays aren't half bad, in my opinion, at least.

On the subject of bad high school experieces, I haven't had any yet except spilling paint all over my pants a few days ago. That sucked.

Originally Posted by OG-
Start when you're..13ish? Graduate when you're 18.
Is that the 6-year plan?

In America some states do things differently, but it all ends up the same. You enter middle school in 7th grade at 12-13, some middle school start in 6th grade (11-12). Your still in middle school in 8th grade. Then you get 'promoted' from middle school to high school. You enter your 9th grade (a.k.a Freshmen) year usually at the age of 14. then you have 10th grade (sophmore), 11th grade (junior), and 12th grade (senior). That's just high school, but if you want a degree and/or higher education you go from their to under-graduate school.

In America some states do things differently, but it all ends up the same. You enter middle school in 7th grade at 12-13, some middle school start in 6th grade (11-12). Your still in middle school in 8th grade. Then you get 'promoted' from middle school to high school. You enter your 9th grade (a.k.a Freshmen) year usually at the age of 14. then you have 10th grade (sophmore), 11th grade (junior), and 12th grade (senior). That's just high school, but if you want a degree and/or higher education you go from their to under-graduate school.
...then you go to the assembly line in the factory, punch in/out for 40+ hours a week/50 weeks a year (2 weeks vacation), pay off your house for the rest of your life, bail your kids out of jail, win the lottery, and live happily ever after.

Originally Posted by Mark
...then you go to the assembly line in the factory, punch in/out for 40+ hours a week/50 weeks a year (2 weeks vacation), pay off your house for the rest of your life, bail your kids out of jail, win the lottery, and live happily ever after.
Oh my! Well after under-graduate school there's always graduate school and then theres post-graduate school. I don't think I am going to be done until I am 25. Oh joy ten more years of the bureaucratical education system, that's an opportunity I just can't wait to resist. After that I'll go and be my own boss, factory schmaktory.

After that I'll go and be my own boss, factory schmaktory.
The government will be your boss every April.

Yeah too bad I can't screw the government, but after what happened with Lewinsky, I dare not risk it.

Yeah too bad I can't screw the government, but after what happened with Lewinsky, I dare not risk it.
how does one so yound get to be so damn witty?

thanks for that, J, made me chuckle.

Originally Posted by Zeiken
how does one so yound get to be so damn witty?

Here's a bad high school experience for ya' straight from the textbook:

'...Liu Bang once emptied his bladder in the distinctive cap worn by Confucian schoars in order to demonstrate his own contempt for academic pursuit!'

Nowadays that'd be the equivalent of saying your a republican at UC Berkley.

But really 'emptied his bladder'? Political correctness and social politeness is going to kill us all one of these days.

Well, you know, I went to a high school very much like the school in those Harry Potter movies, and I had a very embarrassing experience during prom time. See, I psychically predicted that Renee Smoshmalth, a big breasted chick, was gonna ask me out, cause I was just too nervous to ask anybody out. I mean, I trained to do so, with my cat, but he just almost scratched my eyes out. Anyway... I was just wishful thinking about Renee. And even that was embarrassing because I'm usually good at making wishes come true. Well, who do you think asked me out?

Sally, the cafeteria worker! She was... not... all... there. 46 years old, 340 lbs, and thought she could touch her hairnet and play the piano.

Well, anyways... I went with her! And it was the most humiliating night of my life. I stood behind the refreshments dancing with a glass of fruit punch to "Help Me, Rhonda" and tapping my foot while she prepared little finger sandwiches. Then she started trying to play "Help Me, Rhonda" with her hairnet piano. *blushes*

And Renee Smoshmalth ended up going with Zeke Dedmon... my cousin.

I have heard that I made Sally's life that night. I heard she died in 1991. I also think I've heard her haunting my house... sometimes I hear a hairnet piano while taking my showers.

Someone Save Us College Kids
Heres my take on high school okay. Theres the people you can go out with, the people you cant go out with, the people who want go out with you, and then thers the people you would like to go out with, Soo f**k your feelings and go with all of them.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
I've already gotten into 3 fights or so and Freshman year is just 1/4 of the way through, So I consider that bad. I need anger management or something.

Originally Posted by undead_bunny
I've already gotten into 3 fights or so and Freshman year is just 1/4 of the way through, So I consider that bad. I need anger management or something.
Well, if you lost all three of the fights... then yeah, that would be bad. Did you lose em?