Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Tools    

They're not "the world" any more than a guy on a street corner. They're not even the world in aggregate, let alone when you cherry pick them.

The problem with supposed controversies like this is that you can find someone saying almost anything on Twitter. You can use it as a pretext to write anything if you don't care who's saying it.

BREAKING NEWS: John Boyega is a cool dude. More as the story develops.
Excuse me are you not forgetting something. ..he's black.

What exactly is interesting about it? I'm not trying to be Colbert here, but I never even thought about it till Sexy brought it up that day. What exactly are we trying to "figure out".
I suspected something would be discussed about the whole thing. That it would be a topic of interest and conversation and perhaps scandalous. That does appear to be the case a little bit now.

They're not "the world" any more than a guy on a street corner. They're not even the world in aggregate, let alone when you cherry pick them.

The problem with supposed controversies like this is that you can find someone saying almost anything on Twitter. You can use it as a pretext to write anything if you don't care who's saying it.
It doesn't matter. The subject matter was enough for them to write a dozen or more articles about it. That to me says it's something that warranted being recognized. I am intrigued by what people are saying and Twitter is certainly not just one guy on a street corner.

BREAKING NEWS: John Boyega is a cool dude. More as the story develops.
This is about racism. Thank you.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
I don't understand the controversy over the black stormtrooper. Maybe it's from the generation that grew up when the prequels came out, because they saw clone troopers fill the ranks of the empire. Wasn't there always a difference between 'clone' and 'storm' trooper?

Either way it is totally plausible that after series of setbacks and defeats the the Empire could loose accsess to Kamino.

Maybe racial tension is flairing this up? This shouldn't be a big deal at all regardless.

Twitter isn't one guy on a corner, but neither are these handful of people "Twitter." Twitter mattering is not the same thing as each individual tweet mattering.

These are a handful of people out of hundreds of millions. You can always find a handful of people saying any insane thing. If that's all it takes, then you can literally just decide when to create a controversy by searching for it and the compiling the results.

Twitter isn't one guy on a corner, but neither are these handful of people "Twitter." Twitter mattering is not the same thing as each individual tweet mattering.

These are a handful of people out of hundreds of millions. You can always find a handful of people saying any insane thing. If that's all it takes, then you can literally just decide when to create a controversy by searching for it and the compiling the results.
It must have sparked something within these people to make them go and write up this article, though. Just like how it got me thinking about it, too. There's something to this.

Well heck, by that rationale every article is inherently important, just because someone wrote it. But if course, some aren't.

By the way, you shouldn't be taking this as a criticism of you for posting it or being interested in it. It's directed at the people who write this stuff.

Well heck, by that rationale every article is inherently important, just because someone wrote it. But if course, some aren't.

By the way, you shouldn't be taking this as a criticism of you for posting it or being interested in it. It's directed at the people who write this stuff.
Well, I have nothing against those people for writing it. I am not surprised it's getting talked about, from whatever corner of the internet, or corners, it is coming from.

I'm not surprised anything is on the Internet. I'm surprised when people with some ability to publish things in noteworthy places decide something is worth repeating just because it's on the Internet.

I'm not surprised anything is on the Internet. I'm surprised when people with some ability to publish things in noteworthy places decide something is worth repeating just because it's on the Internet.
Well, the internet's part of the world.

That is what I am failing to see Sexy. How is any of this about racism in any way whatsoever?
The article mentioned people said racist things about the actor.

I'd rather not see leaked stuff in this thread, but that's just me. Not sure what the policy is.
Nothing's being leaked in here. Just talkin' about black men.

In the Beginning...
I was referring to jrs' post a page back, actually. The Revan-looking bad guy.

Is the policy that anything goes and I should just avoid the thread? Or is it officially-released stuff only?

No, you're right, that shouldn't have been allowed. I'll remove it now. Apologies. Anything outside of official releases should be spoilered. I've said this before, and there's no excuse for it.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.

Right, By the logic generated from this, people should have been up in arms when they saw Lando Calrissian or Mace Windu for the first time.