Why was there not a nomad craze

Tools    

In the West there was a Ninja craze, a samurai craze...

But there never was a nomad/horse archer craze.

We are talking about some of the baddest mofos in history. A horse archer movie genre would not be that different from the Samurai movie or the Western which influenced one other often.

Why did the Far East ever try make this a thing? Mongols have brand recognition thanks to Genghis Khan. Why aren't there like 20 westerns taking place in the Steppe with cowboys from MGM?

Not really a craze. Also it's before modern stunts.People were doing the Captain Kirk John Waynefu moves. Anything liek War of Arrows (2011) is beyond them.

There is an amazing sequence at the beginning of Day Watch (2006) which uses Mongols to great effect. You can watch part of it at the beginning of the trailer here:

There is an amazing sequence at the beginning of Day Watch (2006) which uses Mongols to great effect. You can watch part of it at the beginning of the trailer here:

The prequel was not my thing, but i give it a shot now.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Not really a craze. Also it's before modern stunts.People were doing the Captain Kirk John Waynefu moves. Anything liek War of Arrows (2011) is beyond them.
Which John Wayne movie is that picture from?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Is this how people who want him to be their waifu call him?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Which John Wayne movie is that picture from?
The Conqueror (1956) - the movie that eventually killed half the cast and crew from nearby nuclear bomb testing.

Is this how people who want him to be their waifu call him?
Just a name i came up with for the type of brawling you could see in westerns and Trek TOS before martial arts was unleashed on American Cinema.

Why did the Far East ever try make this a thing? Mongols have brand recognition thanks to Genghis Khan.
I don't think Mongolian movie scene was that productive and hard to see why China or Japan would use the "barbarian" invaders as heroes when they both had their own distinct hero cultures already.

I don't think Mongolian movie scene was that productive and hard to see why China or Japan would use the "barbarian" invaders as heroes when they both had their own distinct hero cultures already.
They do some dark stuff. There is one Shaw brothers movie about barbarians and there is one with Manchu protagonists.

Why do they have to be heroes?

They do some dark stuff. There is one Shaw brothers movie about barbarians and there is one with Manchu protagonists.

Why do they have to be heroes?
Yeah, they don't need to be heroes but it's kind of hard to imagine that sort of genre based on villains (they're not zombies or cannibals after all ). I still don't see who would make these films and where would be audience for dozens of such?

Yeah, they don't need to be heroes but it's kind of hard to imagine that sort of genre based on villains (they're not zombies or cannibals after all ). I still don't see who would make these films and where would be audience for dozens of such?
Why would the who would make these films be an issue?

Why would the who would make these films be an issue?
I'm not sure if I understand this thread correctly but in my opinion it kind of answers the question in the title: "Why was there not a nomad craze?"

The prequel was not my thing, but i give it a shot now.
Have you seen Night Watch (2004), but not Day Watch (2006)?

They are the two parts of the same story.

Seriously, re-watch Night Watch and then, immediately after, watch Day Watch.

I'm not sure if I understand this thread correctly but in my opinion it kind of answers the question in the title: "Why was there not a nomad craze?"
Talent will line up a producer or a star invests and it come become a craze. i don't see why talent is an issue.