I didn't understand the story to Bright (2017)

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Me and my friend watched it and we were both lost in the end. I didn't understand this whole plot involving Orcs, elves and magic, and had questions at the end thinking there needed to be a lot more backstory.

For example, is this movie suppose to be set in the future? They said that this Orc thing has been going on for 2000 years, but the movie looks like modern times, so what world is this story suppose to take place in, and what is happening?

This might just do nobody any good.
Don’t put too much thought into this one pony boy.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay, I was just lost and had unanswered questions. Like for example if this wand can grant people wishes, why didn't the woman character just wish for all the people after her to be gone then? But I still don't get who these Orcs and elves are.

If the whole world is watching this Orc cop, like they keep saying then how come we never see any media or paparazzi following him around? Things like that.

Me and my friend watched it and we were both lost in the end. I didn't understand this whole plot involving Orcs, elves and magic, and had questions at the end thinking there needed to be a lot more backstory.

For example, is this movie suppose to be set in the future? They said that this Orc thing has been going on for 2000 years, but the movie looks like modern times, so what world is this story suppose to take place in, and what is happening?
Yoiu an still Ninja Retcon the Alamo there but the Orc conflict happened to far in the past to have relevance to the plot.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I understood that it was a very bad movie.
I really enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed it.
Also on that list.