GI Joe 2

Tools    

I recently watched the original GI Joe: The Rise Of Cobra and found it to be very enjoyable nonsense (just the film I needed on a Friday evening following a long week at work - sat on the sofa with a pizza and a bottle of wine).

Was surprised at how good it was, so really pleased to hear they are looking at a second film for 2012/13

Anyone else got any views/thoughts?

The first movie was atrocious. Of the 1,600+ movies I've seen, I'd probably put it in my bottom 250. Should they make a sequel? I'd sooner make a sequel to A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell!

Of G.I. Joe? No, not really. It was too goofy, from what I recall. I only saw it once, and that was in theater. If I recall correctly, it was the same year as Star Trek and Terminator Salvation, all of which were disastrous sequels to good, solid franchises.

Of G.I. Joe? No, not really. It was too goofy, from what I recall. I only saw it once, and that was in theater. If I recall correctly, it was the same year as Star Trek and Terminator Salvation, all of which were disastrous sequels to good, solid franchises.

If you take the 1st G.I. Joe for what it was, a campy, fun, summer, popcorn movie, then I would say it did it's job and I am personally looking forward to the 2nd. I would agree that Terminator Salvation was a terrible movie and I felt cheated afterwards, but the new Star Trek was incredible!! Just about anything J.J. Abrams touches turns to gold IMHO.