Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Lost Highway (1997)

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

movies can be okay...
"The Banishment" (2007) by Andrey Zvyagintsev
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Bit of a sniffler, D. Looking forward to what you thought of this one.

The Bye Bye Man.

I heard the writer, Robert Schneck, on a podcast where he describes the back story for this film. It was truly one of the more creepy things I'd ever heard (and that's saying something). I'm sure the film version will fail where the legend triumphs but we shall see.

The tale, by the by, came to light in one of those Ghost Story Chowder Society (or Mary Shelley tell me a tale) evenings where people gather to scare one another with scary stories. This one, so goes the claim, is based on some Louisiana hoodoo that evidently can't be undone.

Anyway, if you like this sort of thing you can follow Mr. Schneck's facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/historianofthestrange/

He's always got an interesting tale to tell.

Is that scary, SirT? I'm sitting in the dark in my witching hour nd prone to freak out at scary trailers at this time

Is that scary, SirT? I'm sitting in the dark in my witching hour nd prone to freak out at scary trailers at this time
Subjective question... maybe?
The idea of something in pursuit that you help along by thinking about it is probably at least unsettling

Subjective question... maybe?
The idea of something in pursuit that you help along by thinking about it is probably at least unsettling
If I flip out I'm coming back to haunt you. Back soooon.

LOL I flipped out, but from the eyeball scene so you're safe. Looks good - nothing original but looks fun.

Well, I think it's sort of unoriginal if all you've got to judge is the film. If you look into the backstory though it adds another dimension.
Found the podcast:

Well, I think it's sort of unoriginal if all you've got to judge is the film. If you look into the backstory though it adds another dimension.
]
Yeah sure, and I;m only going by the trailer so could be completely wrong. Wouldnt be the first time. Will check out his fb page.

I'm really into folklore and all of its various effects on society and 'reality'. Might not be for everyone. This one caught my attention.

I'm really into folklore and all of its various effects on society and 'reality'. Might not be for everyone. This one caught my attention.

I'm up for it. Maybe a group rewatch down the track? His fb page has some rather interesting articles.
That young brunette actress reminds me of a previous last girl in horror movies whose name currently escapes me.

Bit of a sniffler, D. Looking forward to what you thought of this one.
Loved it dani! I've heard good things about it and it did not disappoint. The cinematography alone is worth watching. Dev Patel is great, but the real winner for me was Kidman. I have not seen her so unguarded and thought her performance was very raw and beautiful. I would also mention the woman playing the biological mother (Priyanka Bose) was amazing as well even though she had a very small part.
The film does drag a bit at some parts and that is my only small criticism.

Loved it dani! I've heard good things about it and it did not disappoint. The cinematography alone is worth watching. Dev Patel is great, but the real winner for me was Kidman. I have not seen her so unguarded and thought her performance was very raw and beautiful. I would also mention the woman playing the biological mother (Priyanka Bose) was amazing as well even though she had a very small part.
The film does drag a bit at some parts and that is my only small criticism.

Love love love this movie, and I want to adopt Sunny Pawar. I thought he was astonishing. Glad you liked it, D. Did you get some grit in your eye?

Love love love this movie, and I want to adopt Sunny Pawar. I thought he was astonishing. Glad you liked it, D. Did you get some grit in your eye?
Sunny Pawar was great as well. Forgot to mention him. Yeah, a few scenes really got to me. The one when he
WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
finally finds his bio mother
or the one where Kidman's character tries to console his adoptive brother with her husband...