What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Master of My Domain
3 days worth of lunch money gone with a click but totally worth it.

American Gangster

Bought it for 7 bucks at FYE. A crime film directed by Ridley Scott, have no idea why I haven't seen it yet.

It's out on Blu-ray already in Germany but it's suppose to be rubbish quality, but it's out in November here in Britain with a brand new transfer and I've pre ordered it. Can't wait to see the film.

There was this stack of DVD's at the video store with a sale sign on it. They were all music documentaries. I skimmed through them and it was mostly Rock, but then I noticed...

Had to grab it.

Darn. I guess I fell in again and bought a little something even though I really wasn't supposed to. Anyways, I didn't do blind buys, but you could say I bought these with one eye closed - at least one of them.*

True Detective Season 1

For $10

The Crazies (2010)

For only $3.65

I was supposed to rewatch the first season of True Detective before buying it, but I'm pretty damn sure it will be a great revisit anyways. Not much to worry about here. The Crazies, however, I'm not sure about. I kind of loved it back when I first saw it, but I'm afraid if it will hold up well. I hope so, it was on my horror list...

I got Nightcrawler fairly cheap, considering it costs the double of what I got it for all the other places around here.

For $7.30

I could have gotten Shame with Michael Fassbender for only $4.30, but as typical as it can be, I bought just Nightcrawler the first place and decided to go to the same chain store, only the one near my house - but there they didn't have Shame. but ironically, they had Nightcrawler there, so I should have reversed the two or bought both in the first place... Anyways, I'll get to it.

I probably would have gotten Shame. Great movie. But, I haven't seen Nightcrawler yet.

I probably would have gotten Shame. Great movie. But, I haven't seen Nightcrawler yet.
Well, as I said the plan was to buy both, but I was sure I could find it that other place. It's only because I didn't my credit card on me and didn't have enough cash for both.

Because yes, Shame is an amazing film and I'll buy it as soon as I spot it at the same price.

just buy these two movie in blu-ray for 5$ each. (don't ask me why the picture is flip I don't even know myself)

Just pre-ordered The X Files Movie Collection: The X-Files:Fight the Future / The X Files: I Want to Believe Limited Edition Blu-ray Steelbook from Amazon. There was only 3 left in stock!!!

The X Files: Fight the Future

Buried beneath the FBI’s countless case files lie mysteries so strange, so impenetrable, that only two agents would ever dare confront them - Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson). Based on the hugely popular, award-winning television phenomenon that ran nine seasons, and in response to a worldwide demand from millions of devoted fans, these thrill-packed films take The X-Files’ inventive blend of paranoia, horror and suspense to a whole new level!

Special Features:
  • Feature: The X Files: Fight the Future
  • Audio Commentary:
  • Original 1999 Commentary
  • Video Commentary
  • Alternate Bee Sting Scene
  • Gag Reel
  • Blackwood: The Making Of The X-Files: Fight The Future
  • Visual Effects
  • Scoring
  • Making Of The X-Files Movie (1998)
  • The X-Files Trailers
  • The X-files: I Want To Believe Trailer
  • Concept Art
  • Unit Photography
  • Story Boards
  • Extended Version
  • Theatrical Version

The X Files: I Want to Believe

In The X-Files: Fight The Future, Mulder and Scully risk their careers-and their lives-to hunt down a deadly virus that may be extra-terrestrial in origin and could ultimately destroy all mankind. Then, when a fellow agent mysteriously disappears in The X-Files: I Want To Believe, the pair enlist help from a priest with a questionable past…and a startling vision of the future. As sparks ignite between Scully and Mulder, paranormal realities rise up to confound their work at every turn as the quest for truth continues.

Special Features:
  • Feature: The X Files: I Want to Believe
  • Audio Commentary - Director Chris Carter and Producer Frank Spotnitz:
  • PIP Commentary by Rob Bowman, Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz
  • X-Files Complete Timeline
  • Isolated Score (Theatrical Cut)
  • Three Deleted Scenes
  • Gag Reel
  • “Trust No One - Can the X-Files Remain a Secret featurette
  • Chris Carter: Statements on Green Production
  • Body Parts: Special Makeup Effects
  • Dying to Live by Xzibit
  • Collectibles (Stills)
  • Concept Art
  • Unit Photography
  • Storyboards
  • In Movie feature
  • Real time Index
  • Bonus view commentary
  • Behind the Camera
  • Storyboards, concept Art
  • Complete timeline
  • Theatrical Cut
  • Seamlessly Branched Extended Cut

The mist

Black and white version and the colour version. Haven't seen the black and white version yet though.