Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Man of Steel (2013)

Borderland (2007). A gruesome tale inspired by true events. It was ok. Nothing special. The ending is all rather predictable and hollywood, which I hate. Some good moments.
6/10

Unregistered User

Double Indemnitiy - Absolutely fantastic. Great story and acting. Loved it. 9/10

The Tin Drum - 1979 war/drama featuring an amazing performance by David Bennent as 12 year old Oskar. Really strange and quite harrowing film. 7.5/10

The Brood (1979)
Sci Fi horror from Cronenberg. Not one of his best in my opinion but still worth a watch - 6/10

Frozen (2013)
I was disappointed, i expected much more. I actually preferred both Tangled and Brave. 6/10

3:10 to Yuma (2007) -

Now this is what I call a damn fine western. Great performances by Russell Crowe and Christian Bale.

Prisoners

Hands down the best thriller I've seen in a long LONG time. I wish more movies were as thought provoking and gritty as this. Jackman and Gylenhall do an amazing job here, and this feels a lot like a Fincher movie (Zodiac and Se7en in particular) with how well the movie stems from one scene to another. A nice lengthy movie that is definitely up there with one of the best movies I've ever seen.

9/10

Spring Breakers

Certainly wasn't expecting the movie we got. It was artsy, visually impressive and honestly, I enjoyed it. The girls were stunning and played their roles well. Franco absolutely owned in this movie, easily the standout. If anything, the ending was one of the major negatives. I won't give anything away, but considering the nature of the movie I found it highly unrealistic. The scene with Britney Spears' 'Everytime' is amazing also.

7/10

This one was actually much better than the first one, although I still hated the acting. The first hour and a half was pretty long, but it go much better during the final hour.

You're rating doesn't seem to be showing.

3:10 to Yuma (2007) -

Now this is what I call a damn fine western. Great performances by Russell Crowe and Christian Bale.
Agreed, very good modern Western.

Double Indemnitiy - Absolutely fantastic. Great story and acting. Loved it. 9/10

Frozen (2013)
I was disappointed, i expected much more. I actually preferred both Tangled and Brave. 6/10
I give Double Indemnity the same rating, disappointed to see Frozen get a lowish rating (although still decent), I liked Tangled, Brave and Princess and the Frog.

Citizen Kane

9.5/10
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Just watched that again for the first time in many years. Still just alright. It has not aged well.
If only there were more components to a film other than performance.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Citizen Kane

9.5/10
Nice. High score for a first time watch. One of the definitive cinema masterpieces, just as achingly relevant today as it was over 70 years ago! Best directorial debut ever?Yup

Glad you seem to love Kane, Mr. Donuts. It deserves it's place in movie history.
It really is a fantastic movie. I'm quite the rookie when it comes to "classics", but even I could tell there was something special about it right away.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Guys,I watched The Usual Suspects one week ago or something like that,i didnt post it here so i will do it now.This is a masterpiece,if you didnt watch it go and watch it!
I won't post any spoilers so feel free to read,thrillers are my fav genre,and this was huge,i mean really,evrybody who watched it know what I'm talking about,i mean really that twist,aaaa can't belive it!!!Acting,it was perfect,that scene near the end,epic just epic!I really don't know what else to say,it was epic,story,twists,acting,perfect,just perfect,and when you watch it second time it is even better,because you are ohhh that is how he done this and that...This is going in my fav movies!

VERDICT 10-10-MASTERPIECE!

Finished here. It's been fun.

+. Excellent film. Excellent acting, tight script, and incredible sets and costumes. One of the best films of the 80's, shame I submitted my list already. This should have been on there.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Who said I was talking about that...
That's almost always the complaint with respect to dated movies except maybe pacing, a very subjective concept (and I don't think an indicator of quality). If it's neither of those things I'd like to hear what it is.