what film am i describing? dont know the title, please help

Tools    

I've been told that about 6 months ago on Parkinson, there was a really good sounding film. The person thought the guy speaking about it was one of the people from ghost busters, but it wasnt, so maybe he looks like one of them?

Anyway, in the film, theres an article (newspaper column, or some kind of media) that is updated regularly about the story of an imaginary character's life, and this guy starts to read it regularly, he then realises that everything that happens in this blog or article, or whatever it is, well, everything that happens there happens to him in real life. One day, the article kills off the character, meaning that that guy is now going to die.

Anyway, thats what i was told, and it sounds great, but i don't know the name of the film.

If anyone does know the name, then it would be appreciated!!

Thank you

I've been told that about 6 months ago on Parkinson, there was a really good sounding film. The person thought the guy speaking about it was one of the people from ghost busters, but it wasnt, so maybe he looks like one of them?

Anyway, in the film, theres an article (newspaper column, or some kind of media) that is updated regularly about the story of an imaginary character's life, and this guy starts to read it regularly, he then realises that everything that happens in this blog or article, or whatever it is, well, everything that happens there happens to him in real life. One day, the article kills off the character, meaning that that guy is now going to die.

Anyway, thats what i was told, and it sounds great, but i don't know the name of the film.

If anyone does know the name, then it would be appreciated!!

Thank you
Sounds like "Stranger Than Fiction" with Will Ferrell to me. I heard it was entertaining, so give it a try!

I don't know either but it does sound like it could be fun to watch.

Also sounds a bit like that t.v. series 'Heroes' where that asian dude had that comic book that showed him the future. Awesome show though.

Yeah, that sounds a good deal like Stranger Than Fiction to me. It stars Will Ferrell, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Emma Thompson, was released in 2006, and is probably one of my favorite films of the last few years.

"Harold knew that trees were trees."