How important is Jurassic Park?

Tools    

I think it will be seen as a classic and a movie that did change the medium for better
Care to elaborate on the why and how of this? I'm not picking a fight. You obviously see something in this film that I don't. I'd like to know what it is. Let's discuss it.

The poster cannot discuss it as he's been banned.
Guess that would explain that little "banned" tag below his name. I thought it was just something like lots of people seem to add to their emails. Guess I need to get a program so I can keep up with the players. (I'm tempted to ask what he/she did to get banned, but that probably wouldn't be polite.)

The poster cannot discuss it as he's been banned.

Perhaps he can be unbanned? I think enough time has past to make up for past crimes.

J. Park is really really important. It cusps the moment when CGI really began to overtake practical effects, but features both. Apart from that it's classic Spielberg.

It's the last great "old" film. It's our last link to the great action films of the 70s and 80s. An era really ends with this film.

JP is up there with King Kong, the original. As obvious fantasies, what counts is whether the fantasy is compelling and whether the FX are good enough to be engaging. JP scores on both, like who the HECK would NOT like to find dinosaurs? I sure would, from a safe distance, however. What's necessary is some characters who are both adventurous and foolhardy enough to be in the path of danger, unlike me.

That's what makes the movie fun and adventurous. I have enough common sense to stay away from dinosaurs, but the movie characters didn't. Some of them didn't come back.