Animal stories, photos, movies, books. Feel good stuff.

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Someone was asking about dog houses recently. Just saw this. No idea what country this company is in

http://www.srvgta.com/index.php?rout...tegory&path=15

I voted the third name. First 2 sound feminine. Hell have an identity crisis

In what language do they sound feminine?
Swahili. And just generally. To my ear.

LOL! I couldn't find it online, but I wanted to post the Far Side cartoon of the two entymologists with safari hats and butterfly nets, looking at a butterfly on a bush with foam around its face. The one guy is warning the other: "Watch out, Jenkins! That's a Danaus plexippus alright, but it's rabid!"

Would have been much funnier if I could have found the cartoon.

Hi Dani, thanks for sharing your dog house and perspective, it gives me a rough idea on what I need for my lab. Can you help me once more? I'm searching online and I saw this dog house with a view which I think is perfect for both an indoor and outdoor pet, as it can easily be moved from the backyard to the den when the weather turns cooler. The shuttered windows allow for ventilation while also keeping out the sun and rain. The front door opens outwards and comes equipped with a lock, which transforms this house into the perfect modern crate.What do you think? I appreciate for more suggestions to make up my mind, it will be a great help to me.

My dogs are all crate trained so yeh, I'm totally for that. And that's cute enough to have in your lounge room or bedroom in winter.

Just on a whimsy, how great is this

How about a coffee table for the lounge

Coffee table, great idea!
I'll train the dog to serve cookies.

Coffee table, great idea!
I'll train the dog to serve cookies.
How bout a wardrobe? Some lil friends in Vietnam.

Wow, the little girl and the puppy look so alike. Aka, both incredible cute.

Wow, the little girl and the puppy look so alike. Aka, both incredible cute.
That one was in a temple on the mekong. The dollies were in one of those museum houses in Hoi An.

How happy is that python on the grass!

A friend of mine breeds pythons. And Mr D's cousin breeds elapids for milking. Crazy herpers who just love their reptiles.

Disaster relief. Just got this in my inbox for anyone who has a few pennies to spare.

The members of HSI’s Animal Rescue Team have been working as fast as they can to save as many lost or injured animals as possible—from those affected by the earthquakes in Mexico to those suffering after hurricanes Irma and Maria in the Caribbean.

main-feature

In Morelos state, Mexico, our veterinarians joined our local partner groups and IFAW to set up an emergency clinic to provide medical attention and care for more than 800 animals.

main-feature

HSI/Mexico team members also helped to distribute donated pet food and deworming medicine; in the communities surrounding Mexico City. We'll still do more in the days ahead.

main-feature

In the British Virgin Islands, HSI has been working to provide ongoing assistance for animal victims—from dogs and cats to farm animals and wildlife. We coordinated with Royal Caribbean cruise line to carry supplies to take to the severely impacted island of St. Martin.

In Puerto Rico, Humane Society International and The Humane Society of the United States are in a position to lead rescue and relief efforts. Our teams are in the process of deploying. The HSUS and HSI have been working on the island through their Humane Puerto Rico program. We'll do our best to facilitate the transport of all homeless shelter animals across the island to the U.S. mainland for care and adoption.

Thank you so much for your compassion. Your support makes it possible for us to respond without hesitation when animals are in urgent need.

Sincerely,

Kitty Block
President
Humane Society International