Bean: The New Chaplin?

Tools    

Movie Forums Extra
I started watching Mr. Bean on PBS about 4 or 5 years ago. My whole family got into it. We would all laugh so hard at him and smile everytime we talked about the Bean and his new movies. Isn't that what Chaplin does for people. I'd say Mr. Atkinson is very much Chaplin's successor.

BANNED
Me too, i like Mr. Bean because of his image of being innocent at his age and without knowing that he made some crazy thing thats makes him a fool... he..

Yeah...I also love Rowan Atkinson.He's so funny..I think everybody loves him especially the children..

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I've never been a fan of the Mr. Bean character. It somehow feels painfully contrived - I know that the sheer act of being a character means you are doing something contrived, but to me, the character and the way he acts just seems TOO over the top.

Its an odd thing to say though, considering I love Monty Python. Somehow their work, though it is clearly not done with huge budgets, still feels more refined, especially in the dialog and in the acting (how many times have you heard Monty Python called refined? ). However, I'm guessing he might have been able to fit in as a Python, when given the right roles.
Just my personal opinion though...

...as a side note, since I mentioned Monty Python, I also noticed that the "Random Glossary Term" on this page is twit.. very fitting for discussing Python