The Walking Dead - Movie?

Tools    

Love this series. Now there's some hyperbole getting around about a movie production, and considerations for use of the same actors to play the parts involved. Does anyone know anything else about this venture?

I am not finding anything credible whatsoever about this on the internet. Are you sure you're not just throwing the idea out there with zero previous knowledge of such a thing?

Yes it is a great series, though I think it has lost it a little lately. Just my opinion. I read that AMC are thinking about doing a movie. But haven't heard any more about it.

allwebaccessories.com

Can't post links yet but if you type 'The Walking Dead movie' into google, should be about the 4th one down.

I can't post the link but I just read that it hasn't been greenlit, yet.

Probably won't happen since it was originally going to be a movie and was changed to a TV series

The plot line was too "juicy" I guess

I'll bet it's just a rumor. It really doesn't make a lick of sense at this point. TV shows get turned into movies when they get cancelled prematurely, or end naturally. Not when they're still going and a massive success.

TV series are annoying. You have to wait for each installment, and the events are made to continue over several episodes...

Isn't that kind of the point?
I thought the point was to entertain over longer periods. The hassle of wading through the risk and reward psychological component is sometimes too much.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Risk and reward psychological component? Hell, isn't that the point too?
^^^ Agreed

I think if they made a movie out of the book Rise of the Governor or something like that than it would be great, probably not a theater release but could still be really good. Making a movie with the characters on the show is something they should wait until the very end of the TV show's run to do.

I'd download it.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."