looking for the name of this terrifying ghost movie

Tools    

does anyone know the name of this movie that i missed on tv where there were lots of horrific ghosts/spirits attacking these people in a house/cabin. the house looked simular to the one in "evil dead" but the people in this movie were not possessed or transformed but continuously attacked and possibly killed by these terrifying demonic spirits, which appeared and dissapeared one at a time, with each successive demon having a different and more horrific form than the previous? these were very realistically detailed, 3d animated, and the most frightening monsters i have seen in a movie.

what do you think in what year of movie ?

3d animated.. i'm not sure like A Christmas Carol 2009 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1067106/ ?

nope..not Christmas Carol..ime guessing possibly +-1980-2000, horror movie. ghosts were animated, that is, not real actors..something like the ghosts in ghostbusters but more demonic and terrifying...one of the most frightening horror movies ive ever seen..

13 Ghosts (2001)

nope..not 13 ghosts..the "ghosts" in this movie were demonic monsters..they did not resemble humans..the storyline ime guessing was a group goes on an outing or hunting vacation to a cabin in the woods and are there tormented by these demons..

the name "demon cabin trailer" sounds right but this is not the movie..the demons in this movie were spirits..they did not have legs or walk like people..no men with masks..these spirits were very detailed computer generated monsters/demonic ghosts..must have cost a packet to make this movie..lots of sfx..could have been a box office hit..possibly in the 1990's..

(Is not anyone familiar ?) so could be or not ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116365/

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I thought of that film when I first read the original post, but those scary spirits mostly resemble each other so they aren't "different and more horrific than the last".

unfortunately i dont have access to youtube. could someone post a few screenshots of the ghosts in the frighteners..its possiible..i saw something that looked simular..however none of the ghosts in this unknown movie had the appearance of humans..there were no invisible human like apparitions..and this was certainly no comedy..scared the pants off of me..ha ha..doubt anyone will ever get this movie..it was just too scary..

Grudge, Ring, Exorcist, Drag Me To Hell most scary movies according to me

please post screenshots of the ghosts in these other movies.

ok, i only watched 10 mins of this movie.. very frightening.. scared the pants off of me..dont remember much..it was mostly filmed at night..cabin was not well lit and very gloomy..possibly a fairly large wooden type cabin..i think there was also activity happening outside the cabin in the woods..probably not "house on haunted hill". but definetly this screenshot of the ghost in "the frighteners" is getting very close. these were the type of ghosts in this movie..only more detailed, so that one could distinguish each ghosts evil face, as somewhat different from the previous one, yet all the ghosts were of the same general style as the ghost in this screenshot, floating/whisking around like that, appearing very suddenly, with the same scene lighting and coloring as this..

Yikes! I remember that thing from The Frighteners. Scared the crap out of me when I was younger.

was it "the frighteners"? does anyone have this movie, and can post more screenshots of the other ghosts. i am doubting at this stage that it is this movie. are these other lame ghostbuster style milky white semi-transparent human apparitions, also part of "frighteners"? as far as i am aware, there were none of these lame type foggy transparent human ghosts, in this unknown movie..just ghosts simular to the one in the screenshot..far too scary for lame ghosts..