Hitchcock movie with old phone that puts ice pick through head?

Tools    

hi all,

I'm pretty sure it was Hitchcock. A man answers and old "candlestick" phone and it's rigged to stick an icepick through his head. he just stands there laughing maniacally. great scene but I cant recall the name of that film!

anyone know?

thanks

That doesn't ring a bell

Seriously, I've never seen a Hitch film with that in it. It doesn't sound like something Hitch would do either, but then again I haven't seen all of his films.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
hi all,

I'm pretty sure it was Hitchcock. A man answers and old "candlestick" phone and it's rigged to stick an icepick through his head. he just stands there laughing maniacally. great scene but I cant recall the name of that film!

anyone know?

thanks

I agree with CR that it doesn't sound like something Hitchcock would do, but here's a list from IMDB of movies with "Ice Pick" as a keyword. Maybe you can find it in the list?

http://www.imdb.com/search/keyword?keywords=ice-pick

hey thanks. i'm not sure ice pick will catch it (maybe, and I will look at that search). the guy holds a candlestick phone up (the really old two piece phones), when he puts the ear piece to his ear, it shoots an ice pick like rod into his ear and out the other one. he gets a weird look and laughs. black and white, and creepy as hell the way it was done. I know the film is a classic of some kind...

MovieBuff, are you sure it was black and white? When you said "old candlestick phone rigged to stick an ice pick through his head, Dr. Phibes Rises Again immediately came to mind. Here's the image I remember:

wow, I even have that movie. But I really recall the scene as more creepy than that. and I recall the victim laughing oddly in the few seconds after the pick went through. I bought an old antique phone last week and I told the seller that I could never use a candlestick phone without recalling that scene, and he also remembered it!

I'm really still thinking it was black and white and classic 50's horror type thing.

Phibes is great though! "Nine killed you, nine shall die, nine eternities in doom! muahahahaha"