Music Chit-Chat Thread

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
For music discussion that doesn't warrant a new thread, come here.

Anybody listen to Daft Punk's latest album? I am listening to it right now and I am loving the funk/disco feel it has going on. And obviously Get Lucky.

I finished listening to Random Access Memories by Daft Punk, and even though I was into it at first and I love Get Lucky I wasn't completely impressed by the album as a whole. I like it, but I don't love it.

That guy with the Alien avatar.
Top Ten
1. Nine Inch Nails / Tool / Beastie Boys (Tied for 1st, depends on the mood.)
2. ACDC / Gorillaz / Bob Marley / Sublime / Depeche Mode (See above.)
3. Rage Against the Machine / System of a Down / Metallica / Bush / Collective Soul
4. Nirvana / Foo Fighters / Lit / The Offspring / Linkin Park / Korn / Radiohead / The Smashing Pumpkins
5. Beck / 50Cent / Filter / Snoop Dogg / David Bowie / Rammstein / 2Pac / Aphex Twin
6. Pearl Jam / Soundgarden / Alice in Chains / Third Eye Blind / Blur / Blind Melon / Staind / Snoop Dogg
7. Eminem / Limp Bizkit / The Black Eyed Peas / Red Hot Chili Peppers / 3 Doors Down / Everlast / Deftones
8. Saul Williams / Crystal Method / The White Stripes / Everclear / P.O.D. / Stone Temple Pilots
9. Disturbed / Snake River Conspiracy / Stabbing Westward / The Prodigy / Powerman 5000 / Ludacris
10. Fuel / Local H / Eve 6 / Green Day / Blink-182 / The Toadies / Lo-Fidelity All-Stars

Top Ten
1. Nine Inch Nails / Tool / Beastie Boys (Tied for 1st, depends on the mood.)
2. ACDC / Gorillaz / Bob Marley / Sublime / Depeche Mode (See above.)
3. Rage Against the Machine / System of a Down / Metallica / Bush / Collective Soul
4. Nirvana / Foo Fighters / Lit / The Offspring / Linkin Park / Korn / Radiohead / The Smashing Pumpkins
5. Beck / 50Cent / Filter / Snoop Dogg / David Bowie / Rammstein / 2Pac / Aphex Twin
6. Pearl Jam / Soundgarden / Alice in Chains / Third Eye Blind / Blur / Blind Melon / Staind / Snoop Dogg
7. Eminem / Limp Bizkit / The Black Eyed Peas / Red Hot Chili Peppers / 3 Doors Down / Everlast / Deftones
8. Saul Williams / Crystal Method / The White Stripes / Everclear / P.O.D. / Stone Temple Pilots
9. Disturbed / Snake River Conspiracy / Stabbing Westward / The Prodigy / Powerman 5000 / Ludacris
10. Fuel / Local H / Eve 6 / Green Day / Blink-182 / The Toadies / Lo-Fidelity All-Stars
Kind of surprised to see Green Day and Blink-182 on the same list as Disturbed and Metallica

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
On Your Own Love Again is still my favourite from 2015. Then again I only listened 15 albums.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Welcome to the human race...
Anybody listen to Daft Punk's latest album? I am listening to it right now and I am loving the funk/disco feel it has going on. And obviously Get Lucky.
Like every other Daft Punk album I've heard, it's a very generous
where the hits/singles are good but everything else blurs together and makes the album feel like a chore to get through.

Looking for music similar to the following:

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Bon Iver

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Nothing original, but
Fleet Foxes and
Iron + Wine for Bon Iver and
16 Horsepower for Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

Thanks Mark. I recently bought an Iron and Wine album, very good stuff, and have been meaning to buy Fleet Foxes. Will definitely check out more 16 Horsepower.

To Pimp a Butterfly. How much do you love it?
A lot.

Good week for rap. Earl Sweatshirt's album appears to be really darn good. I've only heard 11 minutes so far, I doubt a major drop in quality will occur.

Action Bronson's album also just dropped. I am less excited for this one than Earl's, as Bronson can be hit or miss, I am hoping for a big hit though.

That guy with the Alien avatar.
Kind of surprised to see Green Day and Blink-182 on the same list as Disturbed and Metallica
I have a very strange taste in music that doesn't exactly conform to this genre or that one. I forgot Gary Numan, Zombie and Presidents of the United States. -facepalm-

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Dayum, Kamasi Washington released an album. 3 hours long! I can't find it anywhere, though.

NEVERMIND. Found it.