Better off Ted

Tools    

Beware The Probe!
Just wondering if anyone else is watching this show.

Some friends of mine turned me on to it last week and I wound up downloading the first 7 episodes. New eps begin this month (Tuesday June 23 at 9:00pm) and ABC has picked the show up for a second season.

&feature=related

It's friggin HILARIOUS!

The show is a satirical office comedy that focuses on Ted, the head of Research and Development at Veridian Dynamics. Veridian Dynamics is a large unscrupulous multinational corporation that values profits over morals. Ted is a single parent of a 7-year-old girl, Rose. At work, he oversees two research scientists Lem and Phil, and a head tester Linda, for whom he has romantic feelings. His boss is Veronica, an emotionless and conscience-free woman with whom he once had an affair. After the company cryonically freezes one of the research scientists, Ted begins to question the company's objectives and morals.

Throughout the show, Ted breaks the fourth wall by giving monologues to the camera to narrate his own life and explain the show's events.

Each episode has an advertisement for Veridian Dynamics which involves that show's topic, such as diversity, food, and family. The advertisements are comically out of touch, making contradicting statements or having non-sequiturs.

The show has become one of my favorite ones in just the past weekend.
Personally I think Ted's boss Veronica is the funniest character on the show with her icy career-drivin bitchy superior attitude. She gets some of the best lines too.

Phil: "How did I get wet?"
Veronica: "No one knows. Perhaps you urinated."
Phil: "In my face?"

But so far I'd say episode 4 has been the funniest yet.
It dealt with a new state-of-the-art security system with sensors that couldn't quite detect all the employees.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hmm, I'll have to give the show a look.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

My lady friend and I started watching this from the get-go because we liked the premise and tone, and we tend to give Arrested Development alumni projects a chance when possible. Pretty good. I agree with the critical reviews I've read which suggest the idea and potential is still a lot better than the execution, but it does have moments of inspired brilliance (such as the faux Veridian commercials).

"Why am I the pepper?"
"Because you're spicy. And I'm the salt because I'm salty, like a sea-captain."