Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Tools    

I know what your saying, the whole rushing sups to hospital thing just didnt seem needed and by the time he got to chatting to his son i felt like i was watching return of the king again,great film just wouldnt end. There has to be a balance, kinda like spiderman 2.

man cant wait for this movie, i love silver surfer. he is my favorite character when i was a kid. so are they starting to make this film already?

Beware The Probe!
So model Beau Garrett has joined the cast as Jonny's love interest Frankie Raye.

They seem to have changed her origin around a bit for the movie and it would appear Galactus is indeed going to be in this movie.

Once Silver Surfer turns on the World Devourer he will no doubt use Frankie as his next herald who, with the power cosmic, becomes Nova.

Originally Posted by fionalin7
man cant wait for this movie, i love silver surfer. he is my favorite character when i was a kid. so are they starting to make this film already?
Yeah filming began here in Vancouver on August 1st and they've been seen shooting all around downdown for weeks now.

The movie is scheduled for release on June 15th, 2007.

My two favorite cartoon characters as a kid were Speed Racer and the Silver Surfer. SS could kick Spidey's ass anyday!

My Yahoo! Movies page.

My Yahoo! Launch radio station.

Well the first movie was good and the story line was good as well, but I like to see how they are going to pull the special effect's for this character off. I hope it isn't anything like the hulk, with lame special effects. But it will be a interesting and good movie. Long due for the silver surfer.

that is going to be completely wicked with galacticus in it. i mea, i just want to see how they plan on portraying him TASTEFULLY.... hmmm

Beware The Probe!
Originally Posted by Dante117
that is going to be completely wicked with galacticus in it. i mea, i just want to see how they plan on portraying him TASTEFULLY.... hmmm
You mean the fact that he's a 30 foot giant in head-gear and a purple dress?

I really got into the FF around the time John Byrne started penciling the comic, my big complaint with him was that his characters all looked the same and at first I was put off by this sameness. One panel in particular changed my mind, The issue where their son (his name escapes me at the moment) returns from the negative zone as a full grown man, and the look in Sue's eyes when he appears. In that one panel, she expressed motherly heartbreak, joy at seeing her son and the pain of many lost years.

This is the reason I have such mixed emotions about the FF movies. Yeah they were fun, but unlike the first two X-Men films they didn't have the emotional resonance that at their best, permeated Marvel comics in the years I read them. It was a "fun" film, FF1, I liked it more than I wanted to, but there was something missing, I don't expect the next one to correct that.
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

I loved Fantastic Four. It is truly my favorite superhero movie. And FF2 will be the best superhero film in 2007 and I think it will better than Spider-Man(In my opinion)because it fresh and new.

So how much do you think the sequel would make on its opening weekend?

I think it will make around 100 million dollars like the Spider-Man movies.
And I think the total will be around 300mil and 600mil world-wide.

People watch marvel movies for action.... Not only does Fantastic Four lack action! it lacks showing Jessica alba. they should rename this one to Fantastic Four: The Rise Of Alba, show a few good sex scenes with her, and then the ff hype will live! Silver Surfur????
i laugh!

Beware The Probe!
Originally Posted by andyrocha04
People watch marvel movies for action.... Not only does Fantastic Four lack action! it lacks showing Jessica alba. they should rename this one to Fantastic Four: The Rise Of Alba, show a few good sex scenes with her, and then the ff hype will live! Silver Surfur????
i laugh!
I think they could do an entire movie based around this one scene and make #1 at the box-office.

I thought the first film was okay. It could have been way better, I thought the casting right on with the exception of Alba. I think this sequel has a big chance to be great and I hope it doesn't fail.

This film is going to big the best movie in the month of June because they going to have 4 superheroes(Fantastic Four), 2 villians(Galactus, Dr. Doom), superherovillian(Silver Surfer), a new writer(Don Payne), special effects(from War of the Worlds), Silver Surfer special effects(WETA from King Kong), new characters(Frankie Raye, Silver Surfer, Galactus). What more can you ask for? This movie is going to be AWESOME!!!

I really hope so. I want this film to be better than the first. I think the Silver Surfer is a great idea for it.

The Silver Surfer is a superherovillian or a villian that turns into a superhero. Dr. DOOM has returned as you can see from the last movie. He will be more powerful, and he will have a new look. They said Galactus will be in this movie, but I don't think he will show up until the end of the movie. I'm so excited to see this movie!!!

Since it was Galactus who the Surfer betrayed, then maybe he was a villain till the end and is the perfect time Galactus makes that appearance setting up a 3rd.

Still cant see how Galactus can be stopped reading how powerful he is. Never read any fantastic four comics before but just grew up on their cartoons really.

Beware The Probe!
There's a description of what the new FF teaser is going to be like here.
I guess it's out this weekend?

Too bad it's only a description and not the actual teaser yet (I must see this).
Sounds pretty damn sweet to me.

Saw the trailer with them speeding through the city tonight. Looks cool. I thought the first one was ok, but maybe this one will be better. I thought Xmen 2 was much better than the first one, same with Spider-Man, so I have faith in sequels.