Moon

→ in
Tools    

I haven't seen the film, but...

Must seek it out didn't even see it here in my town

I quite enjoyed this film. While some aspects of the story were less than likely to occur in such a situation, the film made up for it in its telling of the story. The emotion is palpable and well-constructed, and the relationships between its few characters were rather satisfying.

WARNING: "Moon" spoilers below
I thought the relationship between to two Sams was rather interesting to watch. As I would sort of suspect in such a situation, they first find it difficult to get along and seem to somewhat dislike each other. Then later, once they sort of come to realize how they're both in the same boat, they seem to form a small bond and genuinely care for eachother's wellbeing. Also, I rather liked that they didn't take the whole evil intelligent robot working for the evil corporation route with Gerty, or even have some sort of plot based on an AI computer going against the humans. With all the movies including that particular plot device, it was nice to see an empathetic computer that cares for the needs of its human companions.

Seems "Moon" by Duncan Jones was ‘copied’ from the italian indie movie "Eutamnesia" by Patrick Rizzi

Quoting from imdb >>>

"I really liked ‘Moon’ when I first saw it. But now I read that it was probably copied from Eutamnesia, an indie italian movie.
Here’s the comparison video:

Search on you-tube > Eutamnesia vs Moon

I’m kind of angry with Duncan Jones right now as from what I understood he never mentioned Eutamnesia before and bragged Moon’s story as his own."

Please, not stupid comparisons about quality: obvious, "moon" had budget 5.000.000 dollars against a low budget student movie

^ I'll check that out, interesting.

I liked the film, the acting, everything. Had a disturbing impact. In my view, films like this are more a psychological thriller than anything else, maybe even outright horror, many films do such nowadays, in a sense at least, when such warped extreme affects and pysches grow to a crescendo like such.

Yes, "moon" is a great movie BUT a last Breaking-News it's maybe a plagiarism!

Go to youtube and find out: "Eutamnesia vs Moon"

I just want to say that this is one of the most underrated of all scify movies...highly recommended

One of the best sci-fi/dramas, definitely worth seeing.
It's fascinating how Sam Rockwell managed to hold whole movie almost on himself. It's also hard to believe that this is directorial debut of Duncan Jones.

Wow, this was very good!!! This is the kind of movie that makes me think: 'DAMN, I NEED TO KNOW MORE'

The story is beautiful and the acting was superb!